T-Maxx vs Duratrax 1/8th thunder quake

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion T-Maxx vs Duratrax 1/8th thunder quake

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      peedee
      Participant

what do you think

PandaBear
      Participant

PD: it really depends on what you want from your RC car.

T-Maxx is a great backyard basher and it goes anywhere. Some places even race them, although
      that’s mainly in USA. They are not an official
      sanctioned racing scale.

ThunderQuake is a giant monster truck. Probably
      doesn’t handle as well as a T-Maxx (lower CoG)
      but it will run over more things.

New 2.5 engine in the Traxxas probably makes
      enough power to put quite a few ‘sport’ 21s
      to shame.

There’s also the Tamiya Terra Crusher. 🙂

VR-4
      Participant

the new 2.5 tmaxx is pimpin new suspension thats wide than the old tmaxx so now its the same size as a 1/8th.

tmaxx also has more aftermarket parts from just about every company. you can use the new hpi savage rims and tires and bodys.

hands down the tmaxx is made better faster and dosent roll over like the thunder.

the tamiya terra crusher is a nice car i dont like the way the chassy is set up and how there alot of parts in the frat transmisson but they give you alot of exta parts and a .18 eng if you brake the eng in proberly you can hit speeds of up to 35mph.

i have a normal tmaxx thats about 3 years old and i love it stock its fast and theres alot of companys makeing parts for it. i just added a few parts ta keep up with the new 2.5 like hardcore racing titanum arms and arm extenders cvd’s muntant maxx .21 kit with a picco GIXP@! pro bv buggy eng 6+2+1 with a cvec pipe.

the muntant maxx chassy can fit 2 .21’s i havent got $700 for 2 new 21’s becouse they say you gotta brake them in at the same time but when i get some extra money im switchin to xp21es’s i also put the diff spool in my front and rear diff’s

i saw that theres some problems in the 2.5 max tho the motor mount is really weak you can get a hardcore titanum mount for $35.

if you get a tmaxx and use a rear diff spool its funn it picks the front tires up easy bone stock. just dont use it onroad use it in dirt untill you switch all your driveshafts with cvd’s becouse your just gonna rip out the driveshafts.

the terra and maxx coust the same and are rtr but the maxx has more optional parts but the terra has bigger tires but theres a clod converson for the maxx for $40

VR-4
      Participant

or just wate till the rc10 monster gt comes out. i plan on buying 1 as soon as i can get my hands on 1 just look at the size of it the eng and trans i think that truck can dethrone the maxx but ask any truck guy after the maxx was made they call after maxx and befor it was mad is pre maxx the best rtr rc truck ever to grace the world but the ek4 put up a good fight but just dident have the top end it needed ta keep up with the maxx’s so im wateing ta see if the monster gt can take the place of the maxx.

i seen the prototype monster gt and i seen some videos and holey crap looks alot faster than the maxx and has way more power.

also if you can get a rcx edition of the mad force thats a good truck outher than that the mad force is a turd.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.