Tamiya TB02R

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      leonli17
      Participant

TB02 is a good chassis and Tamiya just made it better!
      49348 1/10 TB-02R Chassis Kit

The TB-02R Chassis Kit was developed with the goal of providing an affordable chassis that still had the power to achieve top ranking finishes in the Tamiya Grand Prix. Using the basic design of the TB Evolution III gearbox, we have applied the neccessary tuning needed to achieve yet another versatile and reliable new chassis to meet the ever increasing demands of all out racers. The TB-02R is fully adaptable with a wide variety of optional parts, expanding its potential to compete against even the fastest high-end machines. If you are serious about racing a TB car, this is the perfect option-it s all been sorted out for you by our friends at Tamiya. Killer set-up, fluid suspension and a super-ridged chassis all add up to a fantastic handling car (and isn t that what it s all about when you want to go racing) – really quite amazing!

Uses front and rear upper braces, (bathtub frame is connected by two 2mm carbon plates, strengthening torsional rigidity and lightening weight).

Uses 2mm thick carbon battery plate, with ?TB-02R? mark.

The TB-02R chassis comes with the following items and features:

Lightweight reversible suspension.

Front and rear stabilizers (medium hardness).

Aluminium motor heat sink (blue).

Lightweight propeller shaft (blue).

Tires are a combination of medium narrow type A and molded inner type S.

Medium TRF damper spring.

Aluminium wheel nuts (blue).

Body, motor and pinion not included.

p5898771.jpg

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah leon i saw this last nite.. pitty im driving the evo3 surikarn edition now :smiley16::smiley16:

kevsta
      Participant

Looks very nice. How much is it ?

Noticed that the spur gear cover has been replaced with those carbon upper braces exposing the the pinion and spur to rocks right ?

PandaBear
      Participant

Rocks will always get in anyhow.

Now they have a chance to get back OUT too. :shy:

The carbon bits are just for show, doubt they do much. TB02 tub is still pretty flexy compared to EvoIII’s carbon double-deck.

Other than the bling bits, its just a TB02 with the Lightweight (Reversible) Suspension pack.

Or get an EvoIV for the same legs! :p

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah panda ive seen the evo4 in the flesh now.. and DAMN i want one.. its a very nice car. .its good to see tamiya using the alloy bulkheads in there shaft cars unlike how the evo3 are set out i dont like it 😛

PandaBear
      Participant

You can buy Square alloy gearboxes for EvoIII. Some ppl swear by them but I’ve never had the need to get them.

Alloy bits in EvoIV looks nice, but the ‘new’ drivetrain is supposedly not as robust as eIII. blackeye:

merc-blue
      Participant

lol thats a worry specialy seeing the evo3 drivetrain isnt fantastice either..

as for the tb02r its only been released to try to sell more cars to drifters teh tb02 is very popular amongst them and the CF loks nice (and u can see it wont stop any thing).. maybe abit of twisting.. but flexing is the main issue in most shaft drives.. as for the Cf battery hold down.. bah just more bling.. its sad becasue the TA04r was a big step up fomr the ta04s but they didnt do the same with the Tb02…

after getting a evo3 and lookng at it closly i really think tamiya need to get new deisigners there 415 is a clone of another car.. they need to get new ideas..

TallduDe
      Participant

so what makes these things better then the original tb02? the better gearbox’s?

just looks like repackaged items to me.

merc-blue
      Participant

nup.. it has 2 CF chassi braces (just for bling factor) and new suspention.. other than that its the same

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.