Tamiya TT01??

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • Author
      jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Hi i was just wondering if this car is any good….tell me the pros and cons.

Keymaster

Panda will ofcourse corect me but my understanding is that the TT01 is a basic tub style chassis that moves on similar grounds to the TB01 chassis. It may end up selling alongside or taking over fromt eh TL01 as an entry level chassis.

As long as you’re not 110% planning on going crazy with racing I’m sure a TT01 or TL01 with bearings and few cleaver hopups from tamiya would float your boat. I seem to recal people sayignt eh TT01 did drive quite nicely.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Okay, what i want is a car that *could* be competitive, but is good value, easily maintained and durable.

I really had trouble choosing, but the TT seemed a good car from what my LHS told me, and it has the ENZO shell.

My LHS wants about 300 for the kit, is this good or bad value?

Keymaster

Is that Kit with radio gear?

Places like HobbyCo in Sydney (http://www.hobbyco.com.au) and radio Models in Perth (http://www.radiomodels.com.au) do excellent pricing and mail order. I’ve found radio Models to be brilliant despite being located in Perth compared to my Canberra locale. I saved stacks by havign the Baja Champ ordered from Perth, and it came next day via air courier for a mere $12ish

I think you can’t go wrong with a TT01 OR TL01 and few hop-ups (order bearings witht eh car, gett eh required types and amounts from teh Tamiya parts lists online) …

Ok they’re not killer racing chassis but you’ll be able to compete in Stock and low end Mod classes and probably do quite well.

The biggest difference in R/C is not the cars it’s the drivers and their ability to set up the car.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Thanks aaron, the kit DOES not have radio gear, just the stock rs540 motor and the truly horrible mechanical speed controller.

What prices are you talking about for a TT01 KIT only?

If it is cheap enough i might be able to move up to an even better model, but I must have the ENZO, i know its a stupid thing to pick a R/C car by the shell, but love does strange things….

VR-4
      Participant

the car stock is nic efor a all around sport ride but a racer it will never be. just get a few parts like a good esc berings digital servo and a nice mod. and its a nice little car.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Damn!! that hobby shop in perth has incredible prices, but they do not stock the model I want…..

Is it possible to buy separate shells for these cars in aussie, i am so totally obsessed by the ferarri enzo its not funny.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Im a 16 year old dude, i dont have the cash flow for digital servos etc.

VR-4
      Participant

dam when i was 16 i had a job. well then get premeum race servos. i got some extra kopropo dirital servos im not useing i just switched over to futaba

Keymaster

*laugsh* Jamie, you can always get Shells around the places, Tamiya I’m sure will sell the Enzo shell individually as well….

Prolly about $80 *ouch*

--
      Site Owner Guy.

VR-4
      Participant

if they dont bolnk proline protoform hpi might make it just give it a month if people like it thy will make it.

look for a 1/25th scale model and use the body if you want i’ll tell you how to make mounts for it.

and if you really want i might sell my mr2 enzo shell cuz im a big fan of the modena for racing and my 93 cobra model body for it for pimping. i went all the way lowered the front end and used mini 4wd foams on the back becouse there about 2mm higher than z tires and make it look like its ben tubed. im makeing it into a prosotck mustang and at the moment i cut the hood off a pro stock camaro model and im gonna use the tamiya model putty to mold it on my stangs hook and give it a nice scale 8 inch cowl.

next i just need thinner front rims with round tires and i gotta make a scale wheele bar or copy the wheelie bar that came with my camaro model but i need it ta be metal.

peedee
      Participant

have you thought of the ta04-s i have that and a tl–01 tl-01 speedy, cheap, and fun but the ta04-s is a lot better and resonably proced as well but it depends on what you want to spend my friend has a tt-01 and my tl-01 is a faster car and only 94.00 USD from towerhobbies its a god bargain

PandaBear
      Participant

Aaron’s correct. :blush::blush:
      (there, that saved a bit of typing)

TT01 is new entry level chassis.
      Pricewise it should be about same as TL01.

Have not driven one yet, so no idea how it goes.
      Internal gearing differs from TL01… so not
      possible to compare speeds from out of box.
      Layout is quite like TB01, but TB01 is probably
      still better value with oil shocks etc.

A$300 for TT01 kit only is a tad dear. 😯
      About A$250 is reasonable local street price.

Protoform/Proline Enzo body has been available
      in Melb for many months now. Has nice decal for
      the engine in rear window.

Note that Enzo body in 1/10 does not enjoy
      much downforce. In 1:1, the Enzo creates its
      downforce from the underbody pan aerodynamics.

Haha, anybody spot the Enzo in Charlies Angels II? 😀

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Yeah i did see that panda, i though it *might* have been computer engineered, but maybe not.

Thanks for the info, i am now totally unsure, i need to find out more about them all.

Keymaster

Jamie there’s heap of good info always flowing on Tamiya Club (http://www.tamiyaclub.com)

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Thanks Aaron and Panda, you have been most helpful

Admin
      Participant

I just purchased a TT-01, comin in from Frontlinehobbies! So I will see how I go! $350 for a full set, 2 batteries, charger, futaba stick radio!

PandaBear
      Participant

Welcome Warney@!

wow – rejuvenatued a thread left untouched for 366 days. 🙂

Admin
      Participant

thanks panda =)

is what i did a big nono? =P

btw what do you think of the car?

merc-blue
      Participant

tt01 is a nice chassis for beginner (nothing compared to a evo 3) but anyways yeh bringing old topics is seen as bad.. dunno why.. welcome to the forums

PandaBear
      Participant

Car works, its a decent design but probably not as tough/heavy as a TL01. Don’t go overboard on hopups either, better to save your $$$ and put that towards your ‘next’ car.

Or your ESC. :smiley2:

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh a good ESC is a good idea if you wanna be in 1:10 for a whileu can just swap it from chassis 2 chassis pretty easy and if its got a low T limit then it can be used on more chassis (i cant use my M03 ESC on my truck) < thast a good example if i save 50 more dollars i could have got a ESC that i could use on both

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Your sig is spelt wrong merc…..

merc-blue
      Participant

WTF were…. damn it..

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

cant = can’t…….its = it’s

i = I 🙂

merc-blue
      Participant

arrr go fuck a blender jamie (thnx for the line betty)

merc-blue
      Participant

oh yeah also that is’nt spellin’ thats grammar… u and pork hunt should write a dictonary then go away,, kkk? my spellin is plenty good

betty.k
      Participant

warney, reviving old threads is the way to go, saves having 200 threads about the same thing!:smiley2::8ball:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

haha merc, you contradicted urself….

SO YOU GO F U C K A BLENDER :):smiley2:

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh ill tape it and put it on the web so sickos like u can jerk off while watching it?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

And it’s punctuation, not grammar.

merc-blue
      Participant

lol this is quite a pissing contest now days isnt it.. maybe we should talk 2 z-beam about that comp having a worst spelling award (contest between me and ill_race_ya)

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Stirring is fun!!

I think lancer_evo/VR-4/magtec_racing would win by a landslide….

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.