TAMIYA wins WORLD CHAMPION 2004-2005!

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion TAMIYA wins WORLD CHAMPION 2004-2005!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      PandaBear
      Participant

The 2004-2005 IFMAR 1/10 ISTC Onroad World Championships has been run and won in Kissimmee Florida USA (yeah its been pretty windy there lately).

TAMIYA again reigns supreme!

The A-Main crowd consisted of 4 Asians (3 Jap & Surikarn), 4 Europeans and 2 USAians.

Their cars were 3 HPIs, 2 Losis, 2 Yokomos, 1 lonely AE TC4, a Tamiya EvoIV (Surikarn) and a 415 (Rheinhard); 5 cars powered by Orion V2s.

Rheinhard TQ d & took the practice main. He won the first (of 3) and stuffed up the 2nd race… and won the 3rd to win him the World Champs.

PandaBear
      Participant
      jamiekulhanek
      Participant

And merc-blue reckoned the TRF 415 wasn’t good enough for him LOL :p

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah becasue its epensive and i cant afford to buy one.. let alone fix all the broken parts.. i have a few questions new. what the hell did tamiya say/do to make shurikan go to the evo everyone was pretty sure he would run a 415 secondly the trinity d6 is a faster motor than the orion V2 it just needs more rebuilds y dont these guys just buy like 8 of them and they would be set.. the funny thing is localy every one is raving about Xrays.. where are they?. the HPIs went well they would have been running pro 4s. the losi JRX-s did well NOT and people say its revonlisionary.. BAH

PandaBear
      Participant

I’m sure Surikarn had a whole fleet of cars at his disposal, he just has to choose. 🙂

But at that level, anyone could have taken it.
      Its all down to luck more than anything else.

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah. but now if i buy a TRF jamies gonna say “becasue it won the world camps” if i buy a evo jamies gonna say “its casue shirikan drove one”.. looks like im gonna have 2 win races by my skill and TA04 not beacuse i have a serious over kill of a chassis

micro_Amps
      Participant

Thanks for the info PB, makes interesting reading not to mention the pics of the awesome calibre of the equipment they use.
      uA

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.