Team ausmicro.com Competition Discussion

Home Forums General Chat Team ausmicro.com Competition Discussion

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Team ausmicro.com Competition Discussion

Start Date: 1st September 2003
      End Date: 1st December 2003

ausmicro.com is looking for an exceptional member, a member who through their creativity and ingenuity embodies the ausmicro.com spirit.

Team ausmicro.com is a promotional competition, to enter all you need to do is create a way of interest in ausmicro.com or create a stunning new piece of promotional material we can produce to further the cause of ausmicro.com

Use your design skills, use your marketing skills, use your personality! Your judges are the founders of ausmicro.com, Aaron & Derek who are looking for one thing, the most effective promotional activity for ausmicro.com.

There’s no rules on what you can enter as long it’s legal where you do it! And you’ve got to provide evidence of it!

Please place your comments about the entries in the “Team ausmicro.com” Competition in this thread.

Off Topic discussions will be moved.

Ideas, suggestions or calls for assistance can be posted here.

Edited by – Aaron on 31 August 2003 21:30:51

--
      Site Owner Guy.

t00l
      Participant

so what can we enter in?
      say a new webpage layout or something?

your big vocab isnt helping my brain work very well 😛

t00l
      Participant

so what can we enter in?
      say a new webpage layout or something?

your big vocab isnt helping my brain work very well 😛

barto_85
      Participant

you can create a webpage if you want, but it is going to be judged on whoever comes up with the “best” promotional item.

barto_85
      Participant

you can create a webpage if you want, but it is going to be judged on whoever comes up with the “best” promotional item.

t00l
      Participant
      Quote:

ok, after re reading this a few times, do you mean like a new jingle like replacing ausmicro.com, where size does matter ?

a flash/tv advert for ausmicro

or something completly different like a new item that ausmicro will be remembered for or get credit for, like the worlds fastest/best rc car or track with ausmicro advertising

Edited by – t00l on 01 September 2003 20:52:59

barto_85
      Participant

I think you just have to advertise ausmicro in the most influential way legally possible. eg making the lights in a building spell ausmicro and you just gotta prove that you did it.

I guess you could create a new item that ausmicro would be recognised for, whatever you think (or the judges think) will best promote ausmicro.

Thats my opinion, not sure if its correct.

DaveF
      Participant

Flash advert, web page, banner hanging off your local bridge, back yard mowed so you can see the logo from space, AusMicro tattoo, carry an AusMicro placard into a protest rally that makes it onto the news… etc.

Whatever you think will raise the profile, or could be used to raise the profile… legally, and without unwilling distruction to others property.

DaveF
      Participant

Flash advert, web page, banner hanging off your local bridge, back yard mowed so you can see the logo from space, AusMicro tattoo, carry an AusMicro placard into a protest rally that makes it onto the news… etc.

Whatever you think will raise the profile, or could be used to raise the profile… legally, and without unwilling distruction to others property.

barto_85
      Participant

yeah, thats what I was trying to say…

t00l
      Participant

:shy:yay i get it now lol

this should be fun 🙂

anyone have a good quality 10m x 3m banner print out picture of aus micro.com?

t00l
      Participant

:shy:yay i get it now lol

this should be fun 🙂

anyone have a good quality 10m x 3m banner print out picture of aus micro.com?

Keymaster

Drop me a PM to get a high res (and I mean HIGH RES) version of the logo….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Drop me a PM to get a high res (and I mean HIGH RES) version of the logo….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

mutionu
      Participant

hmm video tutorials are allways a good way to get more ppl here.
      or maybe a store of some sort.
      if u go for a store then you should have something that others dont 🙂 or something better than others 🙂

anyway its just my 15 year old opinion

mutionu
      Participant

if u go for a store then you should have something that others dont 🙂 or something better than others 🙂

t00l
      Participant
      Quote:

if jamie aint beat me too it im gonna do the webs only photo tut on how to get a plasma dash woring in a mini z 🙂
      with resutlts of course 😛

aaron, can you plz mail the pic to archi@eon.net.au (dont care bout size limit)

t00l
      Participant
      Quote:

if jamie aint beat me too it im gonna do the webs only photo tut on how to get a plasma dash woring in a mini z 🙂
      with resutlts of course 😛

aaron, can you plz mail the pic to archi@eon.net.au (dont care bout size limit)

RacerX
      Participant

This is gunna be fun :p

do we have to use the ausmicro logo? or can we develop our own?

RacerX
      Participant

This is gunna be fun :p

do we have to use the ausmicro logo? or can we develop our own?

Keymaster

ausmicro.com logo should be used. But you could for example develop a ‘new’ logo and marketing campaign based around it as an entry.

It doesn’t mean we’d adopt it – but yes the idea is to promote!

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

ausmicro.com logo should be used. But you could for example develop a ‘new’ logo and marketing campaign based around it as an entry.

It doesn’t mean we’d adopt it – but yes the idea is to promote!

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

this sounds like fun……..

z-beam
      Participant

this sounds like fun……..

Impreza
      Participant

This could be a interesting comp:)

RacerX
      Participant

does spraying my local sk8 park count as destructive? I think its legal but I’m not sure, nobody cares what people spray their anyway.

I’ve had an idea I’m gunna shave ausmicro into the cat!:evil: then again I think the cat would shread me

DaveF
      Participant

hahahahaahaahaaa. Shave it into the cat. That’s brilliant. You should get 12/10 for effort if you can pull that off – cat’s tend get a little grumpy if you mess with their image.

Keymaster

RacerX if you ain’t going to get arrested or charged for it – it’s valid for the comp!

Spraying is fine if it in one of those areas that allows it 😉

--
      Site Owner Guy.

t00l
      Participant

just a quick question, what do the winners get?

barto_85
      Participant

the winners get the sense of fulfillment that they have helped someone (ausmicro) that provides a great service free of charge. I have no idea what the prize is, or if there is even a prize, I havn’t heard anything about a prize, maybe it hasn’t been decided yet, could be decided based on the magnitude of the effort.

t00l
      Participant

ok 🙂

barto_85
      Participant

yeah, sorry I couldn’t help much, I’m sure aaron will let everyone know whats happening when he’s ready.

t00l
      Participant

hope its soon, i wanna know if its worth entering or not 😉

Keymaster

Prizes for this comp haven’t been finalised becuase………

A) They will be made to suit the winner (sizes and names)

B) The prize may incorporate part of an entry

C) This is your chance to help ausmicro.com not just rake in a swag of prizes that cost $$

However the loose prize bundle is:

Team ausmicro.com Winner:
      Exclusive ausmicro.com Mug
      Exclusive ausmicro.com Shirt
      ausmicro.com decal/sticker sheet

Team ausmicro.com Encouragement:
      Special ausmicro.com Mug
      ausmicro.com decal/sticker sheet

If other prizes get donated before the close of the comp they will be offerred as well!

--
      Site Owner Guy.

t00l
      Participant

hmmmm, all i need is a banner saying aus micro on it measuring about 10×4 m 🙂

z-beam
      Participant

what was the matrix……

what is ausmicro!!!

sheer saturation could achieve a lot… article in smh (sydney morning herald) on sunday had a thing about flash crowds… freaks who get an idea online and then all meet (e.g) at a train station ,eat a banana and then leave….

if only we can co-erce these sheep to do our bidding…. muhahaha.

DaveF
      Participant

Starting up a flash mob is pretty easy. Do a little reading up. All you need is to start a yahoo email group, and email lods of your mates (don’t let them know it’s you doing it), and ask them to let all their mates know (to make it work), and it gains it’s own momentum.

trash
      Participant

My evil idea is …
      put a box in a populated shopping mall, with a sign …. ‘don’t look in here’ .. with a viewer thing in a box. A xeneon flash tube with an ausmicro template. Person puts their head on the viewer… >>FLASH<< .. we burn it into their retinas !! ….. oh right … sorry… a legal activity.. Mmmmm… get back to ya'll. 👿

Impreza
      Participant

Well I hope that I will be done my idea b4 the first of Dec. Will put it onsite regardless if I finish on time. Just wish that I could think up more stuff to advertise the site:(

Keymaster

Will be very keen to see some entries before the date!

However we may extend if required :
      A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Impreza
      Participant

Well after my current project (almost done) it is the next on my list:)

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Team ausmicro.com Competition Discussion’ is closed to new replies.