Team Losi stuff in Melbourne?

Home Forums General Chat Team Losi stuff in Melbourne?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi all. I’m becoming frustrated. I just can’t seem to find any retailers in Melbourne who stock Team Losi stuff.

I have recently ordered a Micro-Desert truck from modelflight in SA and for the most part I’m happy to order stuff this way, but it would be nice to find a shop that I can actually walk into. At this point I am specifically interested in the Mini-T and the rest of the 1:18 family.

So, can any of you veterans of the Melbourne RC hobby scene point me in the right direction? It would be much appreciated 🙂

PandaBear
      Participant

Trackside had some Losi stuff sometime back, haven’t been there lately.

The Micro Desert Truck runs well, better with full bearings in the wheels.
      I’ve got the stock MicroT which i think looks waaay cuter! 😉

betty.k
      Participant

try phantom hobbies, burke rd kew.
      1345 Burke Rd, East Kew, Victoria 3102
      Tel: 03 9817 2550 :8ball:

PandaBear
      Participant

@betty.k 226902 wrote:

try phantom hobbies, burke rd kew.
      1345 Burke Rd, East Kew, Victoria 3102
      Tel: 03 9817 2550 :8ball:

no good no more bro, Steve shutdown last month!

betty.k
      Participant

spewin’! he was a good bloke and looked after his customers well. :8ball:

PandaBear
      Participant

sounds like he didn’t have ENOUGH customers 😉
      some he did, some he didn’t so well… hear of a few fellas who steve rubbed the wrong way over time

supposedly “wireless hobbies” up lygon st carries Losi stuff. But its pretty far
      up Lygon which they call Brunswick but imho nearly Preston and the shop
      looks like a hobby itself. They open only Mon-Fri biz hrs only, NO WEEKENDS
      or even halfday Sat… how lame is that??

Have never been there whilst its open, traffic is chokkas getting there always.

ph2t
      Participant

phantom shutdown? oh shit….

The RC retail scene in Melb is pathetic. Held together by a bunch of old farts that have no idea how to market or promote the scene.

The scene here really needs someone with some real business know how and marketing skills to get this shit of the ground.

All the shops are independent of each other, have no advocacy group and are more interested in playing with their HO scale balls than anything else.

Far as I see it, they lost to the online scene a long time ago which is a real pity.

z-beam
      Participant

toyworld at bendigo stocks a bunch of losi gear. they definatly know how to promote thier stuff, but its a little out of the way of the city.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.