Tech note request – What wheels for Mini-Z/iWaver

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Technical Tech note request – What wheels for Mini-Z/iWaver

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ogier
      Participant

Hi all,

I’m trying to get wider wheels/tyres onto an iWaver, but the number of wheels for 01’s seems to have dropped. Then there’s the issue of offsets.

I learned a little from this thread on wheels for a firelap 2.0.
      http://www.ausmicro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10525&highlight=wheel+wheels

Are wheels interchangeable from the 2.0 / MR02 to the iWaver 01/MR01 ?
      Are the offsets more specific to the body being used, or the chassis?

If we can have as much information specific to wheels & “Mini” RCs then it would be perfect (IMO) for the new Tech Note section on the main page.

thanks in advance for any help.
      Graham.

====
      lots of questions, not enough words in my vocabulary.

Ogier
      Participant

hehe, typical – straight away I think I’ve found one answer.

http://shop.ausmicro.net/product_info.php?cPath=21_54&products_id=286

The Gandini foams available on the AusMicro shop say they are for MR01 & MR02 – so I guess any alloy wheels for MR02 will fit an MR01 (or the iWaver equivalents). Can anyone confirm this?

Also, for anyone that’s tried the Gandini foams, once the foams have worn out, can they be replaced with the standard rubber tyres (are they similar diameter to the other wheels)? Do the Gandini wheels look OK?

Cheers again! Graham.

betty.k
      Participant

mr01’s and 02’s both fit the same rims, it’s the body that dictates the offset.

i guess you could fit rubber tyres to worn gandini’s but i think all of us treat the rims as throwaway items once the foam’s worn.

they’re not really the prettiest of rims but for me form follows function:smiley2: :8ball:

Keymaster

Yeah teh wheels bolt up the same. There’s only 3 basic wheel types.

Narrow 0 offset. These suit all the “Narrow” bodies.
      Wide 0 Offset. These are used in the wider bodies. Usually as a rear only, but some shells will let you run wide at both ends.

Then there’s the 2.5mm Offset wheels that are basically a narrow wheel that sits out as far as the wide wheels do for the wider shells up front.

It’s a little confusing, but the best thing to do is buy a some cheaper plastic wheel sets (Kyosho or iWaver) and have a combo of things to try out – then buy the alloys when you know what combos work.

The Gandinis are a terrific product and when the stock is gone we may not be able to source more as our supply chain is being made far more complex than it should be.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.