terrible runtime on my bit, help please!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

My bit-charg only runs somewhere between 1.5 – 2 mins after each 45 seconds charge. It really annoys me that I have to recharge it every couple minutes. I know you all get runtime from 5 to 10 mins and that’s what I want too. Any tips to extend the runtime??

Admin
      Participant

what surface? if you’re running it on carpet that sounds about right…

Admin
      Participant

1.5-2 mins on my pool table, 2-3 mins on hardwood floor

Admin
      Participant

A few questions:

• What motor are you running?
      • What sort of batteries are in the controller/charger? Condition of these batteries?
      • Any corrosion/damage to the metal charging terminals on the bottom of the car?
      • [/list]

Hope there’s a simple fix…. look for one of those before looking for a new battery smiley2.gif

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

Charge it a few times. This will not hurt the battery. I’ve done it a bunch of times. And make sure you have fresh bateries in your remote. A got at least 5 minutes using a 3.0 motor when I did this.

If you really want good time get a NiMH battery and make a 3V charger like I’ve previously posted. I’m not kidding you when I say I drove my car hard, over jumps and around turns, throttle on all the time for 20minutes and it still had pleanty of power to go over the jumps! I’m not kidding. After 30 minutes it started to get a little slower but it still would drive around at abouthalf speed.

-Peter

Admin
      Participant

how do you charge it a few times? I tried to charge it again right after the first charge is done, but the charging indicator light didnt come on. so i guess it wouldnt let me charge again until I used some of the power stored from the first charge.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.