that s it, I m so totally sold……

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

That s it, I gotta say, you re now looking at a 100% xmod convert here….

Yesterday I finally popped a nelly 1.3 in to my xmod. Previous to this I was running my plasma/atomic can combo on stock fets and the 8t pinion. Top speed was good, torque was crap.

Once I put nelly in though, damn! What a difference. Now it only takes a minute of driving to unlock my ball diff. The take off is great now, and top speed has increased dramatically. ON stock fets the ball diff never loosened up. I had it setup pretty tight too.

What is interesting is that the XMOD on the tammy speed checker clocked in at 24kph with the above setup on stock fets. Once I put nelly in it hit 27kph. This doesn t sound like much, but day-am! Put the bugger on the ground and you can clearly see the increase in performance.

It just goes to show you how the XMOD suffers greatly from the in-efficiencies of it s AWD drivetrain. So basically whenever you can get any extra torque you should try, it makes the biggest difference!

I ll post some pics of the setup when I get the chance. The install wasn t too bad actually, considering the turkey the xmod is when building/stripping…..

ph2t.

Edited by – ph2t on 18 October 2004 03:14:00

Participant

yess! finally, i like it already. next step, alloy cups? well the heat shrink should hold up as long as the diff isnt locked.

a bit of silly putty in a gear diff helps make its handling

Participant

yeah, I’m gonna stay with the ball diff for now…. Next thing is to get the motor upgrade set for those bigger pinions….

ph2t.

Participant

me too, what he said. totally sold!:D:8ball:

Participant

damn makes me regret selling mine to Leon!

Participant

wow we are seeing the melbourne lemming syndrome here .. betty gets a xmod.. ph2t gets one soon every one will have one

Participant

cool. maybe this time u guys wont spin out as much(like tha melbourn race u guys had a while bak). and if u guys are solid on ur electronic setup then it u want either hot glue or epoxy ur curcuit boards. makes them rain proof. its so much fun kickin up water , goin through puddles at full speed or drifting with hard slicks in water across a smooth parking lot.

sumtimes i wish i wus in aus. seems like u guys have more 1/28 races than they do out here. all my races consist of mainly 1/18s. and every one else with xmods are too slow. no one around my area knows to much about fets and motors. i would kuv to race wid yall. 4cell ofcorse i ol use the six to keep up with xrays and micros

Edited by – chino on 18 October 2004 15:58:14

Participant

Hehehe, is this an ad break or what….
      nice work Ph2t.

Participant

lol, good to see you around still mate…it never stops, :smiley2:…

@chino
      , we’re just lucky here chino. so many like minded idiots way too close to each other…

ph2t.

Participant

Same as us Sydney bastards:dead:

Participant
      Quote:

don’t worry, it’s in good hands.:smiley2:

Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:

don’t worry, it’s in good hands.:smiley2:

not for long, we invented a new game, xmod tag!:evil::8ball:

Participant

hey, rig a metal bumper on that rsx. cop car style, and maybe 2 xacto blades pointed fwds

Participant

well, I just went and spent more $$$$…

I’m gonna do two rigs. One 4 cell, and one li-ion, just for the templestowe track….

cool!

ph2t.

Participant

why not li-pos? from wut i herd li-ion kinda suck at keeping steady current at pushing low turn motors, start to studder. but ionnoe, i still need to save like 20bux to do sum expermentation with with lithiums my self. in car that is, besides my truck or my rs4

Participant

li-ion looks like the easier setup, If I can I would rather to lipo for sure…… It’s just a case of sitting down and nutting out the orientation of the cells. The last thing I want is cells mounted high on the chassis. The handling will goto shit……

but yes chino, lipo’s put out a greater punch than li-ions as standard. You can also get high discharge lipo’s that are capable of delivering over 8A!!!! damn!!! goodbye mr 130 sized motor….

ph2t.

Participant

yeah i have a friend thas been frying 130s like crazy. sumwut of a voltage slash current freak. aways running at least 3 Li-ions. most of the time 4. hes more into high speed and draging. im pretty happy with my 4 and 6 cell. i luv my 4 more. i jus had to do a six to be part of the race with my frens. they all hav 1/18s. me, no money. stuck with returned xmods(cheaper). i still would like to buy one new. i noticed all the new series xmods run better. i guess they fixed most of the prolems the older first batch had.

nwer ones
      -blk r34
      -350z
      -nsx
      -camaro
      -mustang
      -c5 corvette

Participant

cool, I’ve got a 350z in the mail as we speak! and you don’t wanna see the dinball order that’s going in tonight! $$$ :dead:

no retreat, no surrender!

ph2t.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.