The car is dead!

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • Author
      Trackmaster
      Participant

Hi ya all!
      I have got a new out of the box blue Subaru Impreza, and it won?t run.
      After charging it up, placed on the floor and pushing the forward button: nothing :question:
      The car won?t steer, move backwards or forwards. When the car is placed on the charger all those funtions do work, but when I release it from the charger the car is totally dead.
      I have tried to replace the battery with a new one without any result, so now I?m hoping for your help. Has anyone of you stumbled upon this problem and/or have a solution of what to do? It would be REALLY appreciated.:)

/Trackmaster

Impreza
      Participant

Trackmaster, do you have a second Tx you can use with this car (on the same freq?).

Trackmaster
      Participant

Sure, I?ll give it a go. I?ll get back to you

/Trackmaster

ph2t
      Participant
      Quote:
      When the car is placed on the charger all those funtions do work, but when I release it from the charger the car is totally dead.

Tracky, this sounds like the charging contacts / battery contacts problem. Look at them in detail on the chassis and/or post pics if you can. It’s sounds like the batt’s not charging, replacing with a new batt makes it more confusing as well. Check the polarity of the batt, you did put it in the right way? (Sorry to insinuate here, but the ques needs to be asked)

ph2t.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Trackman, if it runs ok on the charger then the car is ok, the only problem is the battery.
      Somehow it is not connected properly.
      I’m with ph2t on this one, double check that the battery is touching the contacts properly and that the positive (+) end is toward the right when the front of the car is pointing away from you.
      :)uA

shibby07
      Participant

i had this same prob with my dual cell but cant remember cuz it was so long ago.

shibby07
      Participant

ill get back to u on it if i remember though dude.

Trackmaster
      Participant

Hi ya all

I?ve tried to charge the car on another controller, the car works when placed on the charger, but no reaction when I pull it off there.
      The battery is inserted correctly, otherwise I guess the car wouldn?t work on the charger.
      I have bent the contacts a little to obtain better contact with the battery without any result.
      I can?t see any loose cables anywhere, so I?m left out here in the blue.
      Another question (I haven?t tried this myself yet, just came to think of it): Would the car run when placed on the charger if the battery was not present? If it doesn?t run then there can?t be anything wrong with the contacts, I guess.

/Trackmaster

micro_Amps
      Participant

Hey Trackmaster, the internal connections of the BCGs go to the battery and pcb at the same time.
      The charging contacts go to the battery (obviously) and also to the circuit board. So if there was no battery present and the car was on the charger, the car would work perfectly……you are correct!
      If the car doesnt run on the charger then it is a contact problem.
      If it runs when connected to the charger then the charging contacts and circuit board are ok.
      If it runs when off the charger then the batter is ok
      This last one is your problem, it must be the battery.
      Try something, take the battery out and run it on the charger, it should work. Put the battery back in making doubley sure it makes contact. It has to be the battery, even change the battery if it doesnt work, but I still think your problem lies with a battery connection.
      Any chance of you posting a pic?

Trackmaster
      Participant

Hi micro Amps and the rest of you…

Thanks for all the info. I?ll sneak myself half an hour away from the family tonight (it?s 2 pm here now) and go through all these points again. I?ll have my digicam ready too :smiley2:

/Trackmaster

Impreza
      Participant

Hey Trackmaster, is this a bit or a clone? I wonder if the car bat. could have been put in backwards? If what micro is saying is true this could be the case??? If not swap the bat.

The other possibility is that there is a loose connection in one of the wires running to your circut board and it is only in place when it is snaped onto the charger?

Trackmaster
      Participant

It?s a Bit, if it were a clone I don?t think I?d bother asking…:smiley2:
      Going home now to start investigating.

/Trackmaster

Impreza
      Participant

lol

Trackmaster
      Participant

Fellow Bit-chargers
      This car is…strange!
      I can inform that if there isn?t a battery present in the car, the car won?t run even when placed on the charger. The battery do have contact on both sides, I have tried 2 different batteries, checked every wire but still NO life.

:question:

/Trackmaster

ph2t
      Participant

It’s possesed!
      😯

Trackmaster
      Participant

Anybody interested in a Subaru Impreza, never been used, mint condition?? :smiley2:

/Trackmaster

perriscope
      Participant

Did you change the batteries in the controller/transmitter thingy???, the AA’s or AAA’s I think some are, maybe the batteries in the controller are not so good and are able to supply the car with enough voltage to get the car to move it’s wheels etc. but not enough to enable the battery inside the car to charge. As the battery inside the car need more than say 1.3Volts across it’s terminals to charge. But the cars wheels etc will spin at much lower voltages such as .9Volts or even lower actually if it is on the controller. prob .5Volts make it spin

. . . . or . . . .

Could it be a reception fault?? try waveing your controller round very close to the car (after a charging session with new AA’s or AAA’s) including touching the cars arial with the transmitter arial with forward button depressed. If it decides to twig at all that would mean you have faulty radio gear :sad:.

Hope this helps :smiley2:

perriscope
      Participant

Oww I just have to post again!!

got nothing important to say except I’m no longer a newcomer!! I’m now a occasional poster :D:D:D WOOOOHOOOOO I’m coming up in the world !!!

Trackmaster
      Participant

Hi perriscope

New batteries, different controllers, no contact. I?ve even tried the above mentioned controller together with another blue Impreza, and the controller is fully functional with the other car (I have to try it the other way too, I guess).

I don?t really give a sh*t about this particular car any longer, but just for the fun out of it I?d like to see how far people can stretch to help out. Find the solution and you?ll find yourself a nice reward!!! :p

/Trackmaster

perriscope
      Participant

man dats one evil 👿 car!!

I haven’t even bought a clone like that!!. . . . . well yet anyhows . . hee hee :smiley2:

micro_Amps
      Participant

OK Trackmaster, I’ll take the bait….
      Tell us what it does and does not do.
      It doesnt work on the charger without a cell in it? but it does work on the charger with a cell in it.
      Is the cell in the car being charged? or is the car running on an already charged cell. That would mean a broken charging contact.
      I’m sick of this already.
      Fill in some gaps for me, I need more info.

ph2t
      Participant

Hey Trackydacks, put the car in a blender and see what happens……:approve: You will prolly get more enjoyment out of it that way! lol!:p

ph2t.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Do they have trackdacks in Sweden?

Yeh, what the hell, blend it. 😀

Trackmaster
      Participant

Trackydacks???
      Please, if you?re addressing me, use my chosen profilename.

The blender: Naah, I don?t want the blender to screw up too blackeye:

The car:
      -It doesnt work on the charger without a cell in it.
      -It does work on the charger with a cell in it.
      -The cell in the car have been charged on 2 separate chargers with the same result.
      -Different controllers have been used.

Man, maybe the blender IS an alternative…?:evil:

/Trackmaster

perriscope
      Participant

WOW!! what a problem car!!

would be great to finally find out what is wrong with the little bugger!!

maybe the little motor just aint strong enough to push it along when it’s on the ground . . .

but then one would assume you have already tried to make it work off the controller held in your hand?? if it don’t work then it’s not the motor?

when you say that “two controllers” have been used, while the car was on both controllers you could make it function but once off it wont?? both controllers have brand spankin new batteries in them, and so does your car(one you can trust from another car perhaps?) . .

. . . .If this is true you got me beat???

. . . it still sounds like there is not enough voltage to charge the cars battery but enough to make the car run.

Trackmaster
      Participant

Yes, while the car was on both controllers it works, once off it won?t. Spankin new batteries in the controllers, original battery + new replacement battery in the car.

It really sounds like no power comes into the car battery, or at least it won?t stay there. Since the car works on the controller with a cell in it, power must come from the charger through the battery to the steering and the motor…

/Trackmaster

Genspec
      Participant

Have you checked the battery in the car with a multimeter after it has been through it’s charge cycle ? Does it register anything ?

Impreza
      Participant

Hey Genspec, great idea:)

I think that perriscope may be onto something with the motor. Have you checked how the gears are meshing with the pinon? This is a bit of a leap but take off the back axel and second gear and see if the motor turns by itself on and off of the charger?

perriscope
      Participant

So whats the go now trackmaster???

have you made anymore observations?? or have you got it going now??

DrQuintezz
      Participant

It’s a frequency problem.
      When you’ve got 2 cars and you place the car
      together on the track they will control each other. Your car is only responding on the
      controller. The car is responding on de MF
      frequency.

I’ll think that the receiver in the car
      is not adjusted well. You can test is with a radio scanner (receiver). The subaru is 35MHz I’ll Guess. Set the radio scanner (receiver)
      on 35MHz and adjust the scanner when you hear
      noise from your controller (press a button)
      Load your car on the controller and put
      the car to the antenna of the radio scanner.
      Adjust the scanner and listen to the noise.
      I’ll think that the receiver is adjusted
      on 33 or 37MHz. Becarefull by adjusting
      your receivercoil. Use a non metalic mini
      screwdriver and i’ll think it will help.

GT-ahh
      Participant

ok i have a sure fire way of fixing this dead car,
      first replace the battery, then replace the board, then replace the chassi + steering coils, then replace the motor…
      guaranteed to work….:D *bashes head agains monitor

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.