The Mini Cooper & Stuff…

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by bitcharguk on 18October2002

You in Boys Toys too?

I’m also in there with an interview, my name etc etc….

What a coincidence…

Martin

Martin, got your e-mail – I just replied. I think they are gathering the answers to make one big article. Our names and sites will probably get a ‘Thanks to..’ and ‘Check out … for more info’ sentence!

Admin
      Participant

Guys, I’m new to this forum, but this stuff is just crap. Long experience has shown me that anything said in forums really is better of ignored, or dealt with externally.

Moderators should close any threads (including this one) that begin to degenerate, and perhaps even delete them.

It spoils the entire forum, I come looking for informtion, notice a new post in a topic only to find it’s 2 guys with different sites at each others throats.

Go sit in on this forum… http://pub73.ezboard.com/bcodogames(Laser Squad nemesis) for a good example of people getting along and using forums as they should.

Now…can we talk about the Mini Cooper or what?

Admin
      Participant

Chris, I’m sorry, we are both to blame. I think we should stop with these stupid arguements and start posting some sence back into this forum. Seems every topic is now a warground which is not only bad for us, but for the site aswell. We both have our own reasons to dislike each other.

How about weput all the stuff we have done behind us and startfresh, Gomisanhas made a valid point that this stuff ruins it for everyone.Now then whatdo yousay? Weare both to blame so lets end it now?

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by PandaBear on 17October2002

Quote:
      Originally posted by Chris_Flowers on 17October2002

I mean, the Japanese have a huge Bit Grand Prix event thats in its 11th (maybe more) event.

err… if by “HUGE” you mean approx 20 geeks all stuck in a rented meeting room playing with their little tiny toy cars on the conference table and the winner takes home a t-shirt… gee, you ain’t seen nothing yet.

In Japan with the Mini4X4s, I hear they had approx 40,000 people attend 1 “national championship” some years back. Huge outdoor tracks were built, special effects and all. The crowd totally crippled the local town’s public transport for the entire week, so much so the town refused to hold the competition again.

LOL!!

PandaBear
      Participant

Yea – just stop squabbling you too. (Must be something in the London water – cease swimming in the Thames, fellas.)

Talking of crazes… anyone remember the MOTOR TOMICA?? Motorised diecast matchbox models made by u-know-who. Or more to the point, there were 2 phases… approx mid 1970s they were “friction” powered, then 5 yrs ago they became electric motorised powered by a N-cell. Lest you guys start writing obituaries for the BCG, lets just say that MOTOR TOMICA was a “BIG HIT” back in its day too….!

One little reason why its getting harder to get BCG car & accessories stock *might* be that in Japan its already passe. I saw them when they first came out over a year ago, betcha the japs havemoved on to other gadgets by now. Anyone buy japanese manga just for the toy ads??

One _big_ drawback of BCG is that there doesn’t seem to be any attraction to Girls. Yeah, girls… haven’t seen any play BCG yet. Whereas with Mini4WD, there were actually girls playing them too. Plus they had a manga drama following too, that’ can’t hurt.

(Hmm… gotta get me one of those super yoyos with ballbearings!!)

Admin
      Participant

I had 1/2 dozen of the female workers crowd around my Micro R/C .. ALL wanted to know where to buy, how much etc etc.

They thought it was “cute” and wanted one for themselves.

PandaBear
      Participant

How many you think will actually buy…?

Somehow I’d think most gals would find better use for $50. :smiley8:

Admin
      Participant

I MUST get this rover… I’m in love with them and since my gf has one:smiley2: it would be fun for her too:smiley4: I just MUST get Auto Modelista, and Rover… And I don’t care how much they cost! lol…

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Caine on 18October2002

Chris, I’m sorry, we are both to blame. I think we should stop with these stupid arguements and start posting some sence back into this forum. Seems every topic is now a warground which is not only bad for us, but for the site aswell. We both have our own reasons to dislike each other.

How about weput all the stuff we have done behind us and startfresh, Gomisanhas made a valid point that this stuff ruins it for everyone.Now then whatdo yousay? Weare both to blame so lets end it now?

I agree with Gomisan aswell, I also agree with what you say. But until you drop me an e-mail apologising for the ‘Chris why you being cheap for?’ thread which started all this don’t expect me to be your friend. Once I get that, I’ll apologise for the retalliations. If that don’t happens, I think its best we just stay out of each others way, not even reply/comment on each others posts as it only adds ammo to the arsenal.

Its a shame you didn’t think about the above (see quoted) before makingthat post…

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by PandaBear on 18October2002

Yea – just stop squabbling you too. (Must be something in the London water – cease swimming in the Thames, fellas.)

Anyone buy japanese manga just for the toy ads??

One _big_ drawback of BCG is that there doesn’t seem to be any attraction to Girls. Yeah, girls… haven’t seen any play BCG yet. Whereas with Mini4WD, there were actually girls playing them too. Plus they had a manga drama following too, that’ can’t hurt.

The only thing that swims in the Thames is Sainsbury shopping trolleys!

I don’t buy manga, but I am a huge fan of anime. I’ve got quite a colelction of Manga/anime DVDs. Some of the artwork is fantastic.

Your right, girls don’t seem to be that interested. I think thats because its generally speaking a boys thing. Gadgets are associated with boys mainly e.g. T3 magazine – it has smei-naked women plastered all over with gadgets covering their modesty, or Boys Toys magazine – the title. Its kind of like when you were a kid, boys like playing with cars while girls like playing with dolls.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Gomisan on 18October2002

I had 1/2 dozen of the female workers crowd around my Micro R/C .. ALL wanted to know where to buy, how much etc etc.

They thought it was “cute” and wanted one for themselves.

I wonder how many will go home and buy them though!? ‘Cute’ is the only apeal the Bit Char-G has to women.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by PandaBear on 18October2002

Somehow I’d think most gals would find better use for $50. :smiley8:

In an Anne Summers catalogue? :smiley2:

Admin
      Participant

ain’t been on the boards for a while thought i’d search for anything about the new Cooper bit char-g and well..

Pandabear –

I’m neither trendy, never been to or aspired to go touni, a rich kid (well im not poor, but not thatyoung now.. 🙂 )or anything like that. i work in a trade andown a new MINI Cooper S

Sure u are gonna get the occasional fashion victim buying any new car thats fashionable.. but i’d just like u 2 know we’re not all like that, and besides most will only get acooper, not anS:)

also like to inform u incase u were mistaken, this isnt like the new VW beetle.. its not style over substance.. its one of the best cars on the market period. And no, before someone says so.. i dont think its overpriced sure its small but u cant compare it quality wise to anything in its size – class

I also own a classic mini.. and had to have a new one, and willhave the char-g to match asap:)

will b modding my char-g to look just like my princess – 🙂

Admin
      Participant

sounds SOOPER, i like the numba plate

Admin
      Participant

Sweet! Yeah I love the new mini. Put a body kit on it, lower the chassis, stick a spoiler on the back and install a phat exhaust – awesome :smiley1:

Admin
      Participant

dont forget to crank up the boost on the supercharger

Admin
      Participant

Apparently you’ll be able to get 200BHP out of is soon according to New Mini Sport website.

Admin
      Participant

Hehe great now I can take my new mini sunglasses out of my mini bag while listening to my mini radio, quite a shop thse guys have.

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by FLiPSiDE on 25October2002

I’m neither trendy, never been to or aspired to go touni, a rich kid (well im not poor, but not thatyoung now.. 🙂 )or anything like that. i work in a trade andown a new MINI Cooper S

Sure u are gonna get the occasional fashion victim buying any new car thats fashionable.. but i’d just like u 2 know we’re not all like that, and besides most will only get acooper, not anS:)

also like to inform u incase u were mistaken, this isnt like the new VW beetle.. its not style over substance.. its one of the best cars on the market period. And no, before someone says so.. i dont think its overpriced sure its small but u cant compare it quality wise to anything in its size – class

I also own a classic mini.. and had to have a new one, and willhave the char-g to match asap:)

Hey there – Nice Wheels!! Too right – the ‘S’ is the only way to go -Love that letterbox! :smiley10:

All the wanky schoolkids with P-plates (that’s about 90% of the Minis on the streets) wouldn’t know what a supercharger is anyway… although that new P-plated CLK500 we spotted last weekend was pretty tasty still. Beetles, CRVs, RAV4s – Lotsa phat riceburners around town, all those asian kiddies spending daddy’s money… might be just Melbourne!! :smiley2:

Was looking for something “fun” earlier in the year. Have nothing against the little Mini, its a nice enough car (if a little bit too ‘retro’ just for the sake of being retro) and the build quality is par with BMW but it just doesn’t suit the current lifestyle though… ie just a bit hard sticking the golfclubs & family inside. That snuffed our thoughts on the Golf IV too; Integra didn’t look as good as in the pix and the Celica is getting a tad old. MG too then thinking about recycling the famous “TF” name.

Didn’t think I’d have enough fun for $ with any of those, so went and found meself an MG to play with instead – on OLD one. Nothing as retro as getting the real thing!

Admin
      Participant

yeah the aerokit is far to similar to the body kit on the cooper S for me to bother with.. looks good on coopers tho.. S has a wing, has an awesome sounding exhaust and no way i’d lower suspension so god damn good from the factory 🙂

and yeah i’ll b getting the john cooper Works kit for it when its released next year, more boost, ecu, intake, exhaust, new head etc etc

buuut.. i want my matching char-g first 🙂

PandaBear
      Participant

Tamiya has got a 1/10 Mini (M03L) chassis just out too… but it doesn’t have a letterbox. But if you’re handy at surgery or making stickers, that might be fixable! :smiley1:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/rc/electric/110scale/mchassis/58295.html

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.