the naked porsche

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

i finished my i waver porsche body, and finally got some nice pics. after driving it the first time i got this body i quickly realised that the mirrors and spoiler weren t gonna last long the way i drive, so i figured i d just go without them alltogether. this got me onto the idea of removing most of the details such as the door handles, panel lines and rear lights. it was fairly easy to achieve, i just filled all the gaps with superglue and sanded it back. i used an under coat which i find useful for lighter colours, especially when the original paint is a dark colour as this was. i really could have gone through more undercoat / sand cycles to get it really perfect but i was impatient! if you look closely you can still see some of the original details and my halfarsed sanding!

and this is what it looks like after hooning around with ph2t today!

the pics live here http://www.geocities.com/bettyksprivatestash/iwaver.html?1086007383106

so next i plan on installing a bunch of led s including some sort of uv underglow setup (:smiley2: z beam!) it won t be looking this pretty by then though:D:8ball:

Edited by – betty.k on 31 May 2004 23:28:22

Super Max Power
      Participant

good to see a car with a racing stripe!!!
      I personaly would have made it 1 inch thick – but I love tack.

betty.k
      Participant

i considered both the wide and the narrow stripe, and after rigorous testing in the wind tunnel at the r.a.a.f. base at pt cook i have concluded that the wide stripe improves low speed handling and the narrow stripe is a high speed handling improver. colour is important as we all know, that’s why i decided on a blue stripe. i’m not skilled enough to handle the speed increase of a red stripe just yet…

i’m yet to test the “bi stripe” yet, but i’m onto it!:D:8ball:

Super Max Power
      Participant

What would happen if you used the fat stripe with a skinny one on either side then?

Little aerials made from 1:28 clothes hangers in the shape of Australia apparently improve radio range by up to 10 times?

betty.k
      Participant

got some lights in this baby now!:p i used the led’s and resistors from the logic lightset i got. i don’t like lights that only work when the throttle is engaged so i just wired them directly onto the battery. now they stay lit all the time except when the motor sucks too much. and after seeing z beam’s evil looking uv underglow monster bit i went off to jaycar and got a couple of uv led’s. i’ve angled them towards the ground but they make the clear z chassis flouresce so i might fiddle around with their position.:8ball:

http://www.geocities.com/bettyksprivatestash/iwaver2.html?1086538171945

TallduDe
      Participant

nice lights you got there man.

whats that light of the back of the car, brake light?

betty.k
      Participant

the rear lights are just 2 led’s in a row taped to the rear window. it wouldn’t be too much to wire up an led so it lights up when reverse is engaged but i just went for the permanently on look:8ball:

TallduDe
      Participant

ahhhhhhhhhhh fair enuff then.

ever thought of putting on Strobe lights,

now that would be cool, might cause fitts but still cool none the less :smiley16:

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.