the range is a bit short . .

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

i have the wrx bit charg and the range is horrible. ?i have read reviews of people using these to terrorize pets and things up to 12 ft away. ?I can’t even terrorize past my feet. ?it goes about 2 ft before it stutters and about 5 ft it stops and won’t respond. ?how are u supposed to table top race? follow it around the table? ?if the antenna doesn’t have almost direct contact then the car stutters, but if the car is right by the antenna it runs fine. ?i don’t mean to bitch, but my back is starting to hurt from bending over to get the car to run. ?i see less problem at a distance of an arms length when i push the motor tighter to the electical contact on the car. ?but the metal clasp doesn’t create that much force. ?i am using a 3.0 motor and everything else is stock. ?it’s 45mhz and i have tried the 1.0 motor it came with as well and it does the same thing. ?hopefully i did something wrong and it can be fixed, but it has not been used long enough to break and nothing broke putting it together. ?i just took it out of the box 2 days ago.

i have the antenna all the way out and have tried the car outside where there is no conflict with the signal, and i tried it in my room too, which has lots of computer stuff and tvs and a cell phone, but still, it ran the exact same on a full charge.

please respond

a bit distressed

-ryan

Admin
      Participant

rye256

A friend of mine had similar problems with his car when he first got it, we ended up pulling it a apart and found a blob of solder flying around within…

I’m not saying this could be your problem as well, but it might be worth your while to carefully pull the car apart and have a look see if all is ok…

Particularly look closely @ the solder of the antenna wire, as this is where I suspect my friends stray blob of solder may have come from…

Just take care when opening it up…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.