The turning mechanism, prob with magnet.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

My steering was still giving me the sh*ts, so I pulled the front of the car to bits to work out just wtf was under the bonnet so to speak .

There’s a little screw underneat the silicon board under the clear plastic bit. When unscrewed it allows you to lift up the top front section which then reveals the turning and suspension mechanisms. The way the turning works there is a magnet loosely attached to a plastic “arm”. On each side of this arm is a metal coil. When you hit left or right on the controller, whichever side will become magnetic and swing the magnet over making the car turn.

Now when I first pulled the front off, my magnet was way nowhere near the center of the arm where it should of been which was causing my steering to be way more powerful on one side then the other. I’ve re-centered it for now but really, the holding place isn’t stable at all and the magnet can easily be knocked out to one side again with a few minor falls.

What would be the best go here, to glue the magnet into place? I’m assuming there is no upgrades that need the same magnet and the arm that holds the magnet in place is detatchable so I don’t see a problem with gluing the magnet into the arm.. it won’t effect the turning mechanism will it?

Some of you might want to check under the bonnet to see if your turning magnet is centered correctly, also you’ll understand what I mean when I say the default holding mechanism for the magnet isnt too good either…

Shard

Admin
      Participant

> There’s a little screw underneat the silicon board under the
      > clear plastic bit.

Little footnote here. Shard is pretty handy with a screw driver etc. Be VERY careful if you’re open if you are working UNDER the main PCB as some of the wires are not much thicker than a human hair. I sh*t ye not

> When you hit left or right on the controller, whichever side will
      > become magnetic and swing the magnet over making the car turn.

Aye.

> What would be the best go here, to glue the magnet into place?

I see no reason why a hobby glue wouldn’t do the trick. Our Yank counterparts use something called “white glue”, which is assume is just a polyvinyl acetate like our Aquadhere (sp?) as it has to be semi-porus/ceramic friendly.

> I’m assuming there is no upgrades that need the same magnet

None that I’ve seen

> Some of you might want to check under the bonnet to see if your
      > turning magnet is centered correctly

It’s only happened to me once (after a 3mtr death-plummet of a car ontopolished floorboards). But after re-centering it hasn’t moved. Go figure

Cheers

Admin
      Participant

I have a honda s2000 and i worked on the front end and now the wheels dont turn at all and those pcb are disconnected and i need to know how to put them back

Admin
      Participant

Hey ya Audiboy

You have disconnected the PCN completely? Do you need the wiring diagram for the PCB and steering assembly?

Will do my best to help.

Admin
      Participant

yes if u can supply it for me

thanks man whats your email and do u have aol messenger

Admin
      Participant

My friend broke one side of his steering after half an hour of playing with his char g yesterday! One of the tiny wires for the coils came off, I think if you look on the PCB you’ll find they are marked L and R…..left and right obviously. Just carefully solder the appropriate wire back on to its spot on the PCB, be careful, tin the wire first and put the wire on top of the pad, then hold the soldering iron on top of it for only a second or else it is very easy to damage the rest of the PCB.

Hope this is what you’re after.

Admin
      Participant

Audiboy

My email address is derek@ausmicro.com. I always read/respond to the emails that I receive, however, please keep technical enquiries on the board as others might benefit from seeing the questions/answers you generate.

The instant messaging clients that I use are ICQ (UIN 20511045) and MSN Messenger (USER derek@clubduh.com). Sorry – no AIM at this stage. Keep in mind the time difference between Australia and the USA when trying to contact me…. I’m not ‘always’ N/A…. trust me.

I’m scheduling a project for this weekend (sorry – gotta do some *real* work during the week) to do a detailed photo set and schematics for everyone’s reference. Hope that will be timely enough for you to make use of with your current problem….

Cheers

Admin
      Participant

can i get the wiring diagram???

Admin
      Participant

Audiboy

EVERYONE will have access to the schematics as soon as I get a chance to do them – hopefully this weekend.

Regards

Derek

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.