THE ULTIMATE HUMMER

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      biohazard
      Participant

Here is my ultimate hummer, my latest creation. First I would like to give props to CrazyDave for the mosfet mod pictures. Also DIETS for the pictures of his creation for the chassis mod. This Hummer took around week to complete. There were a lot of little bugs that I had to figure out, like how to mount the body with only one body clip and clearance problems when the truck swiveled ect. I was trying to make the light rack work with fiber optics but I had no luck. The light source was to dim, if anyone knows where you can find small leds that would fit in this light rack please let me know. Coming soon is this Hummer in action.
      -Hand formed bumpers
      -Hand formed rack
      -Antenna whip holder
      -Working wench
      -Exhaust
      -Spare tire
      -Custom light bars
      -Custom luggage
      -Special clip for chassis mod
      -Special magnetic body holder
      -Custom paint job

peteWah
      Participant

Good job,

Can you let us know what it was in its original form…:smiley2:

betty.k
      Participant

it would have been a spider man hummer zz mt.

that is some awesome work, both the body and what’s under it!:smiley2: if it’s not already propo then you gotta do it! total control!:p:8ball:

TallduDe
      Participant

wow!

can we see some pics of it without that alsmoe shell!

looks the business. now that is a true scale rock crawler.

codesuidae
      Participant

I like that it comes with a wench. I mean, ya gotta have someone to bring you beer and stuff after you get to a campsite.

Hey, does that winch on the front work?

Great photos as well, its nice to see good photography of peoples efforts.

Edited by – codesuidae on 18 January 2005 06:33:31

biohazard
      Participant

codesuidae, the wench does work by hand. I need a different pc board to make it work mechanicaly.

Here are some pictures to show you some detail. You can see where I modified the chassis. I made a custom brass clip to hold on the pc cover. Also I added a metal clip in the center of the cover and a mating magnet to hold it in place

z-beam
      Participant

nice work, looks great! you didnt get codesuidaes joke. straight outta the dictionary!

wench ( P ) Pronunciation Key (wnch)
      n.
      A young woman or girl, especially a peasant girl.
      A woman servant.
      A wanton woman.

intr.v. wenched, wench?ing, wench?es
      To consort or engage in sx with wanton women. Used of a man.

biohazard
      Participant

Yea to many late nights. by the way I got an F in spelling

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

lol!!

Nice work, but that spare wheel ain’t gonna be much use :smiley2:

chino
      Participant

COOL! still 4wd right?

merc-blue
      Participant

lol yeah.. every man needs a beer wench

dgs73
      Participant

said like a true sexist pig… that thing is awesome, b.h., looks like i might have to source one of these things myself…:approve::D nice action shots up the top, btw… :smiley2:

z-beam
      Participant

“codesuidae, the wench does work by hand. I need a different pc board to make it work mechanicaly.”

man, if you know of the technology to control wenches mechanicaly i have a very lucrative offer for you!:smiley2:

have you got a link to the original thread/page where you learnt how to modify the zzmt in such a way?

biohazard
      Participant

I am sure that I could get the winch to work. I only have to find the right board and size. Also to make sure that the gearing is strong enough to actual pull something

betty.k
      Participant

well, if you get hold of a pcb with a rx6c chip in it you get 2 extra channels. if you get hold of a couple of external h bridges you can connect the steering to one to drive the steering motor back and forth. the other you can add to the extra channels and drive a third motor.

jeez, wouldn’t it be good if someone made little h bridges for sale:smiley2::8ball:
      regpic.jpg

biohazard
      Participant

I totally forgot about that Betty. I do have one of those cars, but it is in a moded car right now that I don’t want to break down. Has anyone take apart a “super slick”. I was wondering what they have inside of them. I could just run two ZZmt boards in one truck and make the controller duel frequency with a switch. I have done this before for some mods. I am not sure if all of this would be worth it. A winch would be cool but what other things could we use this extra channel for?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

hahaha yeah ’tis a pitty the biff is gone…

z-beam
      Participant

extra chanel could power a scoop for the front if you wanted to go all out and make a tractor…

or a bucket on the back for a dumptruck…

merc-blue
      Participant

z beam did some one say wild char g?

z-beam
      Participant
      Quote:
      I am not sure if all of this would be worth it. A winch would be cool but what other things could we use this extra channel for?

im just throwin some ideas around…

but your right merc, its probably how the wild-g’s were operated…

another thing that might be posible is to make the articulation in the chassis controlled by a really slow geared down motor using some steering assembly that uses gears…

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.