They cant ALL be duds can they??

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      dgs73
      Participant

Fitted new 2.2 motor today( about ten mins. ago actually!), these
      factory motors seem to have issues. Or is it just me?? Got four 2.2s
      all acting like 1.0s!!! What the…? Have tried everything you guys list, but with no luck. Suggestions??:sad:

Cranga
      Participant

How does your battery (in the car) have you ever replaced it? why are you getting 2.2’s? i would have gone for a 2.6, more fun! i have never had trouble with motors, generaly my batteries die from over charging or from stuffing them up with soldering!

Bap Bap Bap

dgs73
      Participant

Dont Compacts come with a 2.2? Maybe 2.6… Either way, they’re quick at first (new), plus the two problem cars are both less than 2 weeks old!! They both seem to struggle in forwards( not on any surface, either – being held!!),speeding up then slowing, then speeding up agian in small cycles. Wack it in reverse though, they rip! Have tried rotating the motor, there is NOTHING in the gears or round the axle, being they’re newish its abit odd.
      Also, is double chargingan unmodded car a good or bad idea?? Should find out before i do it!:smiley2:

Genspec
      Participant

DGS73,
      I have the same problem with my 2.2 that came in my Compact Skyline and it has not gotten any better over time.
      I belive that double charging is fine. It is actually better as it gives the internal battery a more complete charge.

Initial D
      Skyline
      Castrol Supra
      Nano Celica

Cranga
      Participant

yeah double charging is fine, just dont like go crazy with charging. have you checked that your pinion gear is secured in? because once mine wasn’t and it made that gear attatched to the chassis wobble around and that made the car go better.

Bap Bap Bap

Lazboy
      Participant

cheak there is nothing stuck in where the axle clips in coz this may make the thing grip so it wont work

CompactChar-G 40Mhz S2000 range mod, spring suppention
      Bit Char-G 57mhz Booster Fairlady Z

Crom
      Participant

Are the gears meshing fine? There was something on questformadness.com about adjusting the motor well. It could be that the motor just isn’t sitting properly when you go forwards…

Its Mod 23 on http://www.questformadness.com

alternatively on bitchar-g.co.uk about halfway down on

http://www.bitchar-g.co.uk/garage/quick_tips.shtml

If you’ve been driving with any motor for a while and your car starts to slow, and you have taken all of the of ther other precautions, here’s a tip for you. Bit Char-G motors have wires on the inside that must be straight to be able to go the full speed. If you are willing enough, and if you are an expert at this sort of thing, then open the motor and straighten the wires. But, don’t say I didn’t warn you for this may permenantly damage your motor so try it on a spare one. I usually don’t advise this. Heed my warning!

submitted by: Tyler Johnson

hope that those might help.

The impossible just takes a little longer

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.