Thinkin on a…

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      peedee
      Participant

hi i was thinking on a Team Associated Factory Team RC10T3 with Futaba pistol grip, duratrax intellispeed 16t mod esc and a trinity speed gem pro amber 17t double motor, what do you think…

But i dont no what pinion gear to get…help???

VR-4
      Participant

all good but the motor. i like the new trinty flat lines i uesed a 15 turn d4 in my old t3.

the gearing you want for a truck with a 17 turnj is 9.98:1 10.44:1 for a 16 turn and 10.94:1 for a 15 turn

to find out the ratio of your gearing do this math

spur gear davided by pinion= spur pinion ratio
      pinion ration times final drive = final drive ratio.

heres some tips on the t4.

when you buld the diff polish the thrust plates it will make the diff alot smoother. polish the plates on the slipry clutch.

for your motor remember hard brushes have more ware on your com. but they make more power and you can allways cut your com.

DONT use silver brushes they were only ment for onroad whare theres less strane on the motor.

i like phantom death star brushes but heres a tip get drilled brushes and put a small amount of cotton in them anbd soak the cotton in com drops it will give you the power of the drops longer but remember not to soak your com in the drops becouse you can get “brush glaze”

motors for 1/10 offroad trucks are 16-10 turn and will give you about 4 min of good hard run time depending on your cells.

as far as radio and esc those are good choices but i would rather have a hitec aggresser #125753 or it with 1 servo and a esc #125725 look in to these remotes for beaing only $50 there really nice. esc i would pick a keyence zero extreme but i dought you got the money ta blow on 1 so i would pick a novak fusion, explorer, duality, or a lrp. i foun that some of the duratrax say they can handle a 16 turn but they dont and burn out its kinda like the novak cyclone saying ity can hand 2 of any turn motors and i seen 2 orion core mods 8 turns fry it.

the trucks is kick ass outta the box dosent need anything becouse it comes with everything i would spend money on my esc rather than cells and a radio.

but if your just gonna bash around in your backyard that your set up is more than enought.

peedee
      Participant

ok thanks

peedee
      Participant

what about the Trinity Speed Gem 2 Ruby 16T Triple Motor

VR-4
      Participant

i tend to stay away from speed gems becoue there wound like crap. try these

Associated Ti Modified 14T Double Motor $54

Team Orion Rush 15×2 $15

Trinity D4 9T High Variance Split Double Blank Motor $54

Trinity D4 15T Double High rpm Blank Motor
      $54

Trinity P-94 12T Layered Double Motor
      $52

Trinity P-94 Matt Francis 11T Double Armature
      $34

Tower Hobbies Speed Secret 14T Quad Modified Motor
      $20

Peak Performance Jaguar 13×2 Motor
      $15

a flatline will coust ya $65 if you can find 1 but oh yeah they got so much power.

outta all thos go for the orion or the jag. when the brushes get low just through it away get a fresh motor ” we can all be like the pros now” screw new brushes

peedee
      Participant

changed my mind no ive desided to just get a team losi xxt sport rtr

VR-4
      Participant

xxt sport and the t3 rtr are just about the dame car.

i had problems with my dog bones ejecting when i did big jumps with my xxt cr graphite plust so i had ta buy some new cvd’s for it heres a tip if you get cvd’s use red thred lock on the grub screw or it comes out when you use a mod.

i give props ta lost for not skimping on qualty they give ya a jr xr-2 remote “really really really nice remote best ta ever grace a rtr car ever’ nice motor and dont skimp on qwualty

peedee
      Participant

so do you think i should get a the losi

PandaBear
      Participant

PD:- hey, ya gotta just decide what kind of car you’re after.

competitive 2WD Racing Buggy? or RTR ‘sport’?

competitive Racing Stadium Truck? or RTR ‘sport’?

competitive 4WD electric buggy?

giant Monster Truck?

All-terrain truck like the Maxx?

real man’s 1/8th nitro buggy?

Maybe even a touring car or F1?? 🙂

peedee
      Participant

no i have a touring car i want an offroad mad my mind either emaxx or tmaxx cant decide…kinda new to nitro so sorta need some tips for the tmaxx

VR-4
      Participant

its easy just ta brake in your motor just use atleast 15% nitro use good fule like blue thunder or wild cat.
      set your high speed needle 2 1/2 turns from closed and run 6 tanks of fule through it never keep a stedy constant throtle on a new eng keep giveing and leting off the gas. after that reset your high speed to 1 1/4 turn from closed and your done.

after you brake in your eng. you can port and polish it. its realy easy and all you need is dremal and it adds alot of power but well cover that when you get that far.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.