this happened to anyone else?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      dgs73
      Participant

Got a new couple of Bits in the last couple weeks, long story short, my old 27MHz Compact and new 57MHz Bit interfere with each other, ie. both of them can not be run together… any tech-heads out there wanna shed some light on this for me?? Im at a loss…:smiley2:

ph2t
      Participant

Strange, this has happened to me with two clones. A 27Mhz and a 49Mhz wouldn’t work together. The 49 killed the 27 everytime it sent a signal. I put it down to crap manufacture (or maybe the stickers on the car/controller were wrong, yet to open and check crystal value). Any ideas micro? Perhaps you can re-tune the 27Mhz car to it’s controller and also re-tune the 57Mhz car to it’s controller. This would help in the lest for range but would also help in making sure your car is tuned as best as it can be to the trasnmitter.

Just to confirm that both cars ar TOMYS? Sorry but it’s always good to ask.

ph2t.

dgs73
      Participant

Neither of the cars are clones, the Compact Char-G is 5-6 months old, and the Bit Char-G is less than 2 weeks old… yes both are Tomy. Funny thing is all other cars work well together, even the 35/40/45MHz mix!!

PandaBear
      Participant

That is WIERD!! Have a close look at the xtal in the TX, make sure its really the freq you’re expecting…

ph2t
      Participant

That’s what I reakon……….

micro_Amps
      Participant
      Quote:
      Perhaps you can re-tune the 27Mhz car to it’s controller and also re-tune the 57Mhz car to it’s controller.

That would be where I start. Try extending the aerials and retuning the Rx vari-inductor. Hopefully that will make the cars a little more selective in which signal they respond too.
      :)uA

z-beam
      Participant

what about about batteries? i know an old set vs. a newer batch can invite rf gremlins.

maybe the 57mhz bits are actually a variant of 27mhz:question:

the new chassis have three chanels on 27mhz and they will race together so it’s possable.

is it the fairlady booster? you might have got a mis made curcuit that is marked 57 but is actually 27, have you got a booster controller?
      check if the controller works on the a,b,and c channels of 27mhz.

dgs73
      Participant

i have a Fairlady booster, and that goes well with the 27s, its the 57MHz Rex that has the issues… might take microamps advice and do some surgery tonight… i think i’ll look at the guts of that Rex first. I think it might be that car with the wrong freq. number

Lazboy
      Participant

have you modded the TX coz iv herd that the cars will accept any freq if the signal is strong enogh

but i look like there is a problem with the 27 57 issus

z-beam
      Participant

good luck:)

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.