Thread and Post Weirdness.

Home Forums General Chat Thread and Post Weirdness.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Hi Everyone,
      Thought I’d better explain what I’m doing at the moment.

I’ve re-imported the v3 forums (they’re hidden away out of sight – but they’re now all in v4) and have managed to get all the 47000+ posts instead of the partial load we got last week.

So now I have to merge the missing stuff into the stuff we already had. This creates duplicate threads posted by users with names that look like “imported_Aaron” or “imported_PeteWah”.

Sorting this out takes time, hours in fact, and if you see something weird let me know. I’ll be doing this Forum by Forum and thread by thread but need to know if it’s making things too screwy :smiley13:

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Things seem to be going along well.
      I’ve now imported everything. BUT I still need to manually merge 1002 (yes one thousand and two) users then remove the duplicates etc.

Takes about 1 minute per user. What I have done is do the top posters and the most recent posters so you’ll only see the “imported_” names in older stuff.

We’re getting there!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

sg219
      Participant
      Aaron wrote:
      Things seem to be going along well.
      I’ve now imported everything. BUT I still need to manually merge 1002 (yes one thousand and two) users then remove the duplicates etc.

Takes about 1 minute per user. What I have done is do the top posters and the most recent posters so you’ll only see the “imported_” names in older stuff.

We’re getting there!

A.

Cool deal.

Everything looks OK to me.

Don’t you have any help around here? Don’t work too hard. Take time to enjoy the ______. (fill in blank with preferred legal or illegal bad habit)

Later,

SG

:beer:

Keymaster

Nah – I do it all – we have a couple of Moderators – but becuase have a mature and relaxed community we don’t need to actually moderate anything 😉

As for Admin – Kitty does occasionally help out – but on the whole it’s just me..

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

steelwoolghandi
      Participant
      Aaron wrote:
      Nah – I do it all – we have a couple of Moderators – but becuase have a mature and relaxed community we don’t need to actually moderate anything 😉

As for Admin – Kitty does occasionally help out – but on the whole it’s just me..

A.

Your doing a great job man for as little help as you have keeping Betty K in line is a full time job! How do you find time? 😀

Keymaster

950 users to go!

This is going to take ‘some’ time 🙂 I can’t give away the secret to keeping Betty.K under control – well if I did I’d have to kill you 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

i think he slipped some sorta mind control chip into me via an iwaver once, anytime i have an evil thought i drop to the ground with river phoenix style convulsions:smiley11: :8ball:

Keymaster
      betty.k wrote:
      i think he slipped some sorta mind control chip into me via an iwaver once, anytime i have an evil thought i drop to the ground with river phoenix style convulsions:smiley11: :8ball:

Oh crap… actually I use a rock out the front of yer house just like the Pommies did for spying on the Ruskies

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/britain-plays-coy-as-russia-accuses-diplomats-of-rocky-spy-games/2006/01/24/1138066792937.html

:topstuff:

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

so that’s why iwavers glitch in that spot!:D :8ball:

Keymaster
      Aaron wrote:
      950 users to go!

683 Users to go – after havign a break I’m hoping to knock over about 100 users per day 2-3 days per week.

Also Betty.k has started doing some pruning of old threads etc in the For Sale sections which will be impacting on everyones post counts.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.