Thunder OEM’s @ Toyeast

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I see Toyeast are selling these ‘copies’ of the real thing, named Thunder OEM’ for just under 10 USD. Has anybody bought one? My Tomy 35Mhz Mitsi Evo has had a ‘little’ accident:smiley11:, and i want a 35 mhz replacement. If i buy a Thunder OEM i suppose i can still use my Tomy controller that has had the Cripple cap removed with the new car. I am considering the red Skyline for $9.90. Any thoughts? I would post a link, but Toyeast appears to be down at the time being.

Admin
      Participant

I have a few OEM bullets and a few tomy cars, and both work great. The thing is that the parts need modification if you wanna change em, like body shells, and gears. Also if you wanna use the tomy controller for the OEM bit the forward and reverse are switched. So if your gonna buy the 35mhz OEM you might as well use the controller that comes with it. They come with good controls. BTW what happened to your car? It’s not able to be fixed?

somebody correct me if I’m wrong

silla

infinite
      Participant

no your right.. the switches are reversed on the OEM cars.. and the OEM’s come with a hard antenna so the range will be better with the original controller

Admin
      Participant

Hi, thanks for your replies. The Thunder range, look under ‘OEM normal’ at toyeast theres a few thunder cars mixed in, look like identical copies of original Tomy bits. Even the controller looks the same. I dont quite understand why the contols are reversed, are they only reversed if used with an original bit, or even if using the oem car as well. sounds really confusing if used to normal rc cars.

Payaso -ihad a little accident whilesoldering.I tried an antenna upgrade, but the wire seemed worse than the original so removed it and tried the solid copper core stuff, but a little component on the pcb next to the antenna mounting point, must of got too hot, and broke in two! still seemed to work on its own, but when racing with other cars became extremely stuttery, so i assume it was some sort of inteference filter of some description. oh well…

Admin
      Participant

When I say that the controlls are switched (forward & reverse) I’m talking about the OEM bullets that come with the round controller. I didn’t buy the OEMs that look like the tomy style, so I don’t know if these are switched. The OEM bullets that come in the dome are the ones that I’m talking about. They come with a telescopic antenna which I prefer. I use my 45mhz OEM controller for my supra and it works perfect.

Also you could take your car to an electronics store. Maybe they have a replacement partor they can fix it. Tell your car to stay away from the light lol good luck…

Admin
      Participant

One word of warning to all I have been waiting on a celica OEM from TOY EAST ever since july 24th it is now Aug.18 well Aug 17th @11:29PM They told me I have to wait untill Aug 30th for them to trace it WHAT BS If they do not resolve this issue and answer my EMAILs I will BASH them at all sights I Paid right away and they claim they sent my car on 31st of July and almost 3 weeks later no car.

On a good note seller by name of JOY AND PEACE on Ebay got me a car in under 7 days from HK.

Hope you guys post my POD RACER pics it took a whole 2 min to build.

Admin
      Participant

You need to write an email to Piet or Steve. When I had problems with toy east they contacted me within hours of my emails. I’ve even heard of them sending out free stuff as compensation. Never to me though 🙁

Good luck…

Admin
      Participant

I have and they said I must wait till 30Aug to file a trace.

Kinda of a drag ! I must wait ,However I do beleve they sent it I just dont know what happened to my item . And they answered my email very nicely but said I have to wait….

Admin
      Participant

Sorry to hear of your problem Paintwiper, I have ordered things before and a few of my friends have all ordered Bit CharG’s from Toyeast, they’ve always turned up within 7 working days to the UK. Fingers crossed my OEM Thunder gets here ok as well, hope your problem comes to a satisfactory conclusion.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.