Tin Car vs Char-g

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
      peedee
      Participant

hi i was wondering what does the tin car compare to the char-g for price fun factor and speed and all, ive had my eye on those new hsv cars at K-Mart with the non-propo pistol control haow do they rate.

Thanks

Weapon
      Participant

I persoanlly like the tin cars better, sure they are bigger and require more space to play, but they’re still small (about 3x the size of a bit char-g). Theres also loads of upgrades for it and once modded up they go extremly fast. They’re more like a real 1/10 scale RC car though, but small. It also doesnt have propo steering like the bit char-g but for about $15 a car does it really matter? heck they’re cheaper than a bit char-g 😀 a fully modded one would probably cost about $50 and for that price it really doesnt matter if u wreck it, unlike a mini-z where the price is in the hundreds :p

peedee
      Participant

thanks

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Bit Char-G’s DO BNOT have propo steering….You will find the reason why mini z’s are so expensive, is because they are very good, you will soon realise a hopped up tin car will never come close to a Z, because it is so primitive in the areas of handling and stability, as well as the control of a Z is sensational

peedee
      Participant

mini z is more money than i wish to pay but my friend has to so i just use his

Weapon
      Participant

sure for a car that is 15-20 times more the money it better have propo steering 👿

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

I find my “race-win” 1:16 auldey is better fun than either. about the size of a shoe and as fast as my hotted up racetin, straight outta the box.
      It has turbo mode, and if it wasn’t let down by pitiful tyres, id play with it even more

peedee
      Participant

nah i think i might just stick to larger scale cars all to much for me

Keymaster

*laughs* Yeah Mini-Z is basically a 1/10th scale electric crammed into a 1/28th scale size. Exceptional product and worth the money I guess.

Tin Cars are fun, great for hacking around like ‘kids’ – I remember when i was younger (ok about 20 years ago now) stuff like the Tin Cars we buy now for $15 was like the pinnacle of Tandy/radio Shack technology and probably cost about $99 back then!

I still have my first ‘large’ R/C up at my parents place. A Radio Shack Mercedes Unimog. One day I’m going to bring it home from there and ‘moderise’ it a little.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

i2obert
      Participant

i agree with prok hunt with the race-win cars me and my brother have one each and we just love racing them there they come with a turbo function and there cheap reason why i got my frist one becouse i didt have a job and i was poor at the time lol me and brother are looking for more ppl with race wins to get more my ex gf had one but i havent spoken to her in ages now so yeah but go by race-wins now now now

Admin
      Participant

The race tin auldeys with relays are fun, especially inside. One problem I hav run into in the US is that their are no parts like tires and wheels except for tinracers which dont have tires, however the pre modded flying horse from them is a nice car. I have an order on the way from tin cars in Canada for wheels and tires so maybe that will work out, it is pretty inexpensive for a US$ Lets liven things up and get some stuff goin on here and on tiny RC, then it will be really fun.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Id love to race a 3 relay tincar with my mini Z.

TallduDe
      Participant

hopefully when i get my race tin up and running i could make one hell of a drag car:D:D:D

Admin
      Participant

my auldey tin racer had the 2 relay mod and a ridiculously fast engine. Problem was all the current was drained from the batteries while u went forward and u couldnt turn. Even with these mods it couldnt keep up with my cousin’s slighly modded mini z. My tin racer kept turning as well cause the rear wheels werent level.

Anyway i just got a charg so gonna play with that for a while

Kerosene
      Participant
      Quote:
      I still have my first ‘large’ R/C up at my parents place. A Radio Shack Mercedes Unimog.

Now that brings a tear to the eye 🙂 I had a Radio Shack Unimog in about 1985.
      It was terrible, but I wish I still had it.

peedee
      Participant

can u hop up “tin cars” how fast can they go

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Stupidly fast! Is the easy answer, they will never steer right (understeer due to the rear axle being locked) I have one of these (57 chev) that I took the fast motor out of because it’d drain the AA’s in about 8 minutes. I have seen a picture of one pulling like 36 kays on a Tamiya speed checker. When my Bithed order arrives I’ll Tamiya speedcheck it with a plasma dash in it.
      http://www.minirccars.com/2relaymodp7.htm

TallduDe
      Participant

hey Pork_Hunt what batts do you use in your tin car?

does it have the relay mod done to it?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Isnt there something a bit more high tech than a relay mod??? like a fet mod???? would reduce weight.

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

FET mods are all well and good, but for simplicity, and sheer amp-throwing ability, I’d bet on relays.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

ah ok. full throttle or nothing, fun but useless on a track.

Keymaster
      Quote:
      I still have my first ‘large’ R/C up at my parents place. A Radio Shack Mercedes Unimog. One day I’m going to bring it home from there and ‘moderise’ it a little.

It was picked up at Easter 😉 I see an iWaver transplant coming on one day!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Nice! FET And multi cell it to death!!

z-beam
      Participant

i got hooked on the tin cars over in bali before i found ausmicro and bcg’s. there size was a bit prohibitive to build tracks for so thats why i went with the bcg’s in a big way…

but the amount of fun my gf and i had with those 15,000 rupiah cars was huge they had a heap of frequencies but only r34skyline shells. the lid to the container they come with makes a good puck, and with four cans of cocconut milk as goal posts some good fun can be had… even better with four ppl.

as for mods on these suckers any motor from dick smith that fits is worth the lucky dip factor, and finding new pinion gears in those cheap 4wd race cars (along with new motors) can give some nice performance.

and someone mentioned needing good tyres? go grab a set of mini-z super softs. that made a huge difference in performance.

i’ve seen the chevy in baby blue once and was hugely temted… i shoulda got it, oh well.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Dont get the DSE motors, they are 12v motors and are gutless on 4.8v or whatever

Admin
      Participant

Hey i was just wondering if anone had used the aftermarket tincar tyres on a mini z?

If so then how do they compare?

Because from what i remember, the race tins were just soooo fast, and when you were going full throttle and took a sharp turn the cars tyres would just grip so much that the car would flip and do barrel rolls for the next few metes.

Now THATS crazy fast!

Kerosene
      Participant

Hey Aaron – got any pics of the Unimog? I d love to see one of those things again. I’ve got no idea where mine went sad.gif

Admin
      Participant

racetins are the bomb, just found this forum while browsing rcracer.com.au and saw that it had a racetin section.

I raced racetins with my 2 cousins before we got into 1/10 and now i’m just getting back into them.

All 3 of mine (mini cooper, supra, and evo) have the 2 relay mod and modified rims, gearbox etc.

I remember we got the racetins for about $AU16 each and the mod kits were rougly $AU25, great fun until things comes off and u spend like 20mins looking for a nut lol.

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.