Tiny R/C Hacked…

Home Forums General Chat Tiny R/C Hacked…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Shame to see it happen – but some clown has taken down/hacked tinyrc.com. The team over there are restoring from backups, but as is always the case the biggest problem is the ‘annoyance factor’.

Here’s hoping we see Tiny R/C up again shortly, and the culprit gets hit by a bus.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

PandaBear
      Participant

Not as annoyed as I am…

The idiot seems to have gotten access to their email database and is spamming members??

I’m getting one “hahaha” message every, uh, 5 mins??!

If anyone knows “Hacked By- alkasr al mahe”, somebody report him/them for terrorist activities. That should be enough retributory annoyance… hahaha.

Keymaster

*nods* Same here (on the e-mail front)

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

brendan
      Participant

ive only revieved 5 emails from them, ONLY!

lots_of_lobsters
      Participant

i got al leats 10 so far

lots_of_lobsters
      Participant

*at least

betty.k
      Participant

ditto:8ball:

Racer9
      Participant

I got 4 so far…

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh ive got tons of them….. such a asshole (am i alowed 2 say that hehehehe)

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Shame to see it happen – but some clown has taken down/hacked tinyrc.com. The team over there are restoring from backups, but as is always the case the biggest problem is the ‘annoyance factor’.

Here’s hoping we see Tiny R/C up again shortly, and the culprit gets hit by a bus.

A.

Thanks Guys! 🙂

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Remember when lancer_evocoughVR-4coughmagtec_racing hacked ausmicro??

Well i wonder if he/she/it is linked somehow??

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

Yeah, I picked up 4 of those e-mails. It’s annoying, but I feel bad for tinyrc.

You know, hacking could be used in a positive way, but many people just like to screw with good things because it’s to hard to figure out real programming. It’s much easier to hit something that’s made for the public. Kinda like it’s easier to hit a little kid than a big kid.

It doesn’t impress me that somebody hacked something like tinyrc. But what does impress me is people who make things like tinyrc. That takes real work.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      It doesn’t impress me that somebody hacked something like tinyrc. But what does impress me is people who make things like tinyrc. That takes real work.

Thanks guys, it’s really nice to hear things like that while we struggle to get everything back to normal! You guys are great! 🙂

trash
      Participant

I haven’t been to tinyrc.com … I’ll have to get a look at it when it’s all back up.

I do however have an idea how you can push the person under the proverbial bus. Keep ALL you spam emails, especially taking note of the headers. Create a webmail account somewhere and forward all that spam to it and compare the email headers from each person. You’ll soon discover which ISP is hosting the source of the spam. Depending on which contry they are in, you can enlist the help of that ISP either volunteerly, or by force. In Australia, spam is illegal these days and if the ISP doesn’t want to co-operate, the federal police are more than happy to provide them with the motivation.
      It may of course be a zombie sending the spam, but even then zombies and proxies can also help trace the soruce.

Keymaster

Unfortunately the spam being sent was/is generated by the site code itself. ausmicro.com has a function to e-mail all members as well – I just don’t use it that often.

The ‘real’ way to trace someone down is to go through the HTTP server logs for the periods aroudn the hack and extract out the IPs that accessed the various admin functions of the site, then take those log entries/times and pass onto the abuse team att eh ISP/law enforment. You can get somewhere but doing the log searches takes hours….

Then again AOL did nothing about our hacker when it happened to us….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.