tips from magtec racing

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion tips from magtec racing

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      VR-4
      Participant

neil from magtec racing sent me these tips.

if you got stock skid plates or alu. skids and want a little more protection spray some rhino liner on them. not only will it make them thicker but its very strong.

live on a rough road and got a onroad car spray the bottom with rhino liner and wam no more thick scrapes on your chassy.

got alu. a arms and sick of scrapeing them? rhino liner has you covered spray some on the bottom and its like a a arm guard.

got a stock composit pipe and it has crack in it? rhino liner that puppy.

rhino liner can be found in most automotvie stores and comes in most colors and can be sprayed on 1/4″ thick and yes rc fule cant hurd it i soaked some in rc fule for about 4 days now and nothing happened.

also magtec racing is looking for small block and big block factory drivers for more info contact neil at magtec_racing@yahoo.com

PandaBear
      Participant

Everybody please use some common sense before even considering this “tip”.

If anybody has had any experience with 1:1 auto “underbody sealant” spray-on materials before, ESPECIALLY TRYING TO REMOVE THE STUFF AFTERWARDS… you’ll think twice about using it on RC. (Usually the only way is a heatgun or heavyduty Nitromors stripper.)

How the heck you’re gunna access your screwheads with 6mm of the stuff lathered on is beyond me.

Plus it’ll be a darned good way to add at least a kilo to you car.

… that said, if anybody’s got a picture of an RC car with this stuff on it, I’d like to see it!! :p:p:p:dead::p

VR-4
      Participant

i sprayed a 1.5 mm on my skids and all you do to your screw holes is use a dremal to remove it.

bust use common sence how you access your screw holes is by takeing the part off them doing it then re contersink the holes with a dremal then put it on.

bashers dont car about weight they just want there truck ta be tuffer and this will do it

PandaBear
      Participant

Post a pic, VR-4.

VR-4
      Participant

i’ll take some tomorrow my g/f has my phone and thats my dig. cam lol.

but i love it i sprayed a extra 3mm on stock skids lowered my maxx and jumped a 3 foot jump and botomed out alot and dident crack a skid or barly scrape it. this stuff rocks.

i just got back from the hobby shop and a guy with a maxx ryhino lined his chassy with a 1mm coat and left some flames pany mask so when he took off the mask he had flames and i about craped my self it looked so good

VR-4
      Participant

Just got the word from neil of magtec racing that there now doing pro rhinolazation of stock and aftermarket chassys a arms and skids. there gonna charge by the mm of coating and only color so far is black but hes working on outher colors. so if there any bashers in the us that wanna beef up some stuff give him a e mail at magtec_racing@yahoo.com

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Huh Girlfriend??? I distinctly remember you said you were married

PandaBear
      Participant

Forget it James old boy.

(Don’t you mention the Weapons of Mass Deception either…! :evil::evil::dead:)

magtec_racing
      Participant

pics should be up on our temp. web site in about 2 days. we just did a supermaxx chassy and sprayed a 2mm coat on the lowere arms, bottom of the chassy, and skids.

And all we offer is black at this time outher colors are for factory racers only.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.