Tire Cleaning Tip

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      mcojoc
      Participant

Another silly little tech tip that works for me. I post it because I sometimes don’t think of the obvious and this is one of those times that I’m not sure if anyone else does this… You can’t have too much information!

I run my cars on Hardwood floors. Lots of dust and stuff collect on the tires. In order to clean them I simply take a roll of masking tape, roll it backwards on itself so it is sticky side up, and just roll the car on the it. 2 or 3 swipes and the tires are completely clean. No need to take them off, or rag them down etc… Hope this helps!

Admin
      Participant

…and most importantly – you don’t get the tires (tyresfor our Aussie and English friends) stretched out of shape!

Top tip, Mcojoc :smiley15:

DJ
      Bed…..ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (11.35pm and work tomorrow morning)

mcojoc
      Participant

… Goodnight…

Admin
      Participant

I bought the tire kit and have tried every combo, the tires that come with the char g are the softest and have good trac tion when clean. Use masking tape for sure. I also made small diagnal incisions across my tire with a razor blade. i knoew it sounds ridiculous but it is the best thing I’ve done yet.

Admin
      Participant

Jheto

(Welcome to the forums, BTW! :smiley4:)

You’ve carved tread into your tires? How cool! Into which compound? Surely the super-softies don’t need it? But then….

Cheers

Derek

mcojoc
      Participant

My super softs have gone a bit “stale” since I put them on. They aren’t as soft as they were. I soak ’em in warm water every once in a while to re-moisturize them… Yikes, sounds like a women’s hand cream commercial!

:smiley9:

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.