Tires for MR02, different grip ratings etc

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Technical Tires for MR02, different grip ratings etc

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      snailpace
      Participant

Been thinking about getting those radial patterned tires for my MR02 as the standard stock slicks don t work too well on polished floor boards unless the floor is super clean.

The degrees rating for instance: 8 deg, 10 deg, 15 deg, the smaller the number indicates a softer compound therefore better grip, higher the number, less grip but lasts longer.

Does anyone know what the letter stands for like A, B, C, D etc? I thought maybe it s the tread pattern but not sure.

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question. :dead:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I doubt any of those tyres would be very good on polished floors, they pick up dust and lose their traction.

z-beam
      Participant

i have very smooth tiles on the largest open space in my house, and from experience the softer the tyre the more grip… but the softer (stickier) tyres pick up more dust than anything else and become useless at gripping the surface… the harder compound tyres work better because they need less cleaning and stay just as grippy from the biggining to the end of the run…

today my order from the ausmicro shop arrived and in it was a nice new rx-7 Autoscale body and a set of power tyres foamies, these itailian made rims with tyres attached have done more for the performance of my z’s than any other purchase!

if you have a nice space at home and are sick of your mini-z spinning out because the surface is too smooth when accelerating then get your self a set of these fantastic tyres! you wont beleive what youve been missing out on!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.