Tomy Bit Char-G vs. Bullet Bit Char-G

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi all,

Has anyone done a comparison between the ‘original’ Tomy Bit Char-G and the OEM (Leyu?) Bullet Bit Char-G?

Also,

• Are the parts interchangeable (i.e. motors, gears etc)?
      • What motor do the Bullets come with stock?
        (haven’t been able to find this on toyeast.com)
      • Are there any quality issues with the Bullets?
        (I mean, they are knock-offs but are they crappy)
      • [/list]

Thanks guys, looking forward to getting one of these soon, probably the Bullet but just wanted opinions first…

Admin
      Participant

Yeah I’ve got a few of each. The originals are obviously better in terms of quality. To answer your questions:

• Yes the parts are interchangeable
      • 1.0 motor
      • Sometimes the gearing can be really shoddy and clunks which can hinder performance
      • [/list]

If you want my opinion, the Bullets are the second best OEM available – the first being the LXX OEM. Its worth taking the risk with a Bullet as the price is fantastically low :smiley1:

Admin
      Participant

Thanks, Chris. I was having a bit of trouble deciding which were the best to get when I was looking at toyeast.com.

There was a guy at a local shopping centre a few weeks ago and from memory I’d say he was selling the Bullets (or the Luyu ones if they’re different). I almost bought one on a whim and decided against it. Now after reading a few web sites and forums I’ve decided I definitely want one of these little monsters.

If anyone in Australia reads this, do you know of the costs to get stuff delivered from toyeast.com (to Victoria)? I’m looking at getting the cheap knockoffs as I don’t want to spend a few hundred bucks on these and then get bored of them (as I so often do)! Then, if I really get into it I can start spending more $ on the better quality product.

After reading a few of the forums and seeing the ausmicro.com guys are probably going to open up an online shop (just under a different site name to ausmicro.com) I may buy from them if I haven’t heard an answer from toyeast.com in a reasonable amount of time…

We’ll see. I might have a look at the LXX ones too thenif they’re roughly the same price.

One last Q, I’ve had a go with the larger Audley (?) RC cars that are 3-4 inches long, how do the Bits compare to them in handling/power/etc?

Admin
      Participant

hijukal,

You can pick up the original Tomy Bit Char-g from Toys-r-us for around AUD$49.99. I got my OEM Bullet from auspcmarket for AUD$49.50 delivered for free in Australia.

The problems with the OEM Bullet gears isn’t something a bit of careful adjustment and (dry, else you’ll spend too much time cleaning)lube cannot fix.

I haven’t come across any other clones.

Regards

PandaBear
      Participant

Yup, just buy a A$50 real thing locally. With the kit’s 2.2 its already way too fast for most track racing. Only drawbackis that there’s only 2 models, 2 colours and 2 frequencies; anything else and you’d need to import.

Think too about warranty… I just had to exchange 1 on Sat (faulty controller, wouldn’t charge) and being local + docket it was painless & quick. Have bought 10+, so 1 DOA isn’t too bad.

Admin
      Participant

Doh – why is it that my local Toy’s R Us (Parramatta) doesn’t stock them? I’ve only seen one or two compacts at Target, but only the one at Carlingford.

I was looking at getting the Speed Racer and Yoshi from Toyseast – until I saw the US$10 eachshipping fee on top

Admin
      Participant

Thanks for the advice guys, I actually ended up buying a pair of Compact Char-Gs from a local K-Mart — a Blue Skyline GT-R (40MHz) and a Silver Honda S2000 (27MHz) last night for $50 each. Actually, I bought one each from two different K-Marts, as I had trouble finding any that hadn’t already been opened!

I scanned the manual pages for those who have purchased the Japanese imports and are having trouble understanding the guides:

Manual — Pages:

Admin
      Participant

I was at Toys’r’us at moorepark about a month ago and they were $45 and you get 2 x AA’s for free.

Admin
      Participant

yea i have both of them, my accord bullet and my nissan skyline gtr, bullets a slow and non-customizable, while the real ones are the ones u need.

Impreza
      Participant

hijukal, take back the s2000 if you can, and still have the receipt. Better to replace it with one that works out of the box. Wait until you start taking it apart for mods, before you try to fix it yourself:smiley9:(speaking from experience).

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.