tomy = hobbico?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

i see in my radio control car action magazine that hobbico has the same car as the bit char_g called a microsizer. the same controller is featured and the same setup and charge and run time is listed. there is also a car called the dtm x4 that is shaft drive 4wd, has front and rear ball differentials and an adjustable wheel base. it’s listed as item number abc62600 and lists 134.00 retail.

since the hobbico microsizers look the same as the bit char-g cars does this mean maybe the parts will be cheaper and easier to come by? i didn’t like the idea of shipping parts from hong kong everytime i needed something new.

ryan

Admin
      Participant

Those are definitely Bit Char-G cars, all right. Here’s a hyperlink to the Hobbico Microsizer webpage. The odd thing is, it looks like the standard bodies, but their pics have the windows blacked out, like the OEM Bullets. And according to their product list, it looks like the only frequencies are 27 MHz and 49 MHz. So much for four people racing…

Very, very odd.

Admin
      Participant

Aye carumba! They are Bit Char-G alright!

Look out USA you guys might be finally getting dirt-cheap Bit Char-G coming your way!!!

Well-spotted, Rye!!!

Derek

Krayzie
      Participant

hopefully that company islegit

Admin
      Participant

UPDATE!

It looks like a place by the name of Tower Hobbies is already selling them. And they’re $40 USD. That’s not a better price, it’s worse.

Here’s the hyperlink to their “Microsizers” catalog page.

Admin
      Participant

Oh bugger! Looks like they had to cover the cost of a big rebranding/repacking exercise somehow!

Krayzie
      Participant

my question is are they even licensed to sell these?

Admin
      Participant

i have never seen tower hobbies sell anything non legit, i have ordered from them 3 times for my hpi nitro rs4 car getting extra parts after running it into cars and walls and stuff. goes 45mph and i was hoping that the bit charg would be like that on a smaller scale. I really hope they aren’t rippin off the bit charg but i really doubt it knowing their catalogs and how they give props to everyone they show.

ryan

Admin
      Participant

I contacted Hobbico and they expect to get the Microsizers June 20th.

Admin
      Participant

Are Hobbico and e-tailer as well? ie Do they have an internet shopfrontand supply product to people outside continental USA?

Thanks for any info.

Derek

Admin
      Participant

Looks like Hobbico is a supplier only. I suspect that tower hobbies will be getting them from Hobbico. (Notice that all their cars are on order at the moment)

Admin
      Participant

actually, tower hobbies and hobbico are kinda like the same thing. i have other friends in the rc business here and in just as hobbyists and they all get their hobbico stuff right from tower hobbies. i know that doesn’t mean tower actually makes hobbico stuff, but they seem to be the place to get it. tower hobbies has a website but i don’t know about their shipping to outside US. I have ordered a lot of stuff from them but the microsizers don’t look like a good deal. Hopefully the bit char g will make it to k marts, wal marts, targets, and cereal boxes in the months to come in the US. other stuff that caught on in japan and austrailia swept the US pretty hard. just not till after it happened everywhere else.

ryan

Admin
      Participant

Well, here in Australia we’re eagerly waiting to see what our local distributor will be selling them for(rebadged as “Compact Char-G”).

Will let you know the washup. With the woes of the Australian dollar against other currencies, you might save a BOMB by buying straight from a shop down here! :smiley3:

Cheers

Derek

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.