TOMY Q-Steers at Kmart

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      icebreaka
      Participant

Hey guys,

long time no post.. anyway I was at kmart today and saw TOMY q-steers for sale $24.95. I’m gonna buy one soon..

Are they any good? I’ve only ever had bit char-gs..

icebreaka
      Participant

Kmart has a sale starting Thursday. These will be $17.95! I’m gonna buy four 😀

icebreaka
      Participant

Well I bought four of these today. Pricematched bigw for $14.84 🙂

Awesome little cars! Slow normally, but when you push the Boost button they’re pretty swift! 🙂

Pics:
      cars1qz9.th.jpg

cars2re4.th.jpg

tim93au
      Participant

yeh, my brother works at kmart and bought one for 24.95. (yellow evo.) then he told me theyd be on sale for 17.95.

but i saw them for 14.84 at bigw so im gonna get a blue r34

ph2t
      Participant

What’s the tyres like? Rubber? plastic? How would these fair on your typical table top?

icebreaka
      Participant

I’ll get a video up shortly! Rubber tires.

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah i got two of these things they are nice. good fun. plus you can upgrade the motor and such.

i bought myself a reebok r32 skyline which comes with a special turntable display thing when i was in vietnam for cheap. btw i am never gonna open that special edition up ever stayin in its box 4 life.

thats y i got a subaru wrx one to play with. might get another, y not aye.

icebreaka
      Participant

Video of Q-steer on pool table.

Alternating between boost off and on.. It looks faster in the video than in real life.. probably because its blurry.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2GTmL82o-Vg

TallduDe
      Participant

Nice vid man

anywho here are my digi q’s

z-beam
      Participant

is that a q-steer talldude or just a model/body like an autoscale?

TallduDe
      Participant

its a qsteer thers some at http://www.hlj.com but it comes with car only no controller.

its never going to be taken out of its box. its too pretty i tells ya….. hahahaha

dgs73
      Participant

trust you to find the rare one… lol.. the blue is Q though, yea?

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah they both are.

anyone else notice that these things go well on carpet and climb over stuff well. im surprised.

z-beam
      Participant

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Choro-Q-HASEMI-REEBOK-NISSAN-SKYLINE-solar-turntable_W0QQitemZ130168043906QQihZ003QQcategoryZ223QQcmdZViewItem

nice! a solar turntable for display is brilliant 🙂 great packaging but im not to keen on the actual car body personally.

this is more my taste:

http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/tanoue/freedompage.cgi?Code=TKT78080

’57 chevy substitute? yes thankyou!

tkt77267.jpg

🙁 🙁 🙁

charging on a q-steer, what a shame… looks like they have suspension in the front and back though! OMG…… wonder if its as good as betty k’s efforts tho. is that a little charging plug cap on the side of the chassis? could this just posibly be equipped with a lipo battery out of the box?

as big kev used to say IM EXCITED!!!

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah i sooooooooooo want a hornet one!

btw did you say zbeam you got an upgrade motor for these things?

is it worth it?

z-beam
      Participant

the silver 2007 wrx suby has a green end motor in it off the shelf. all others come with a white end here in aussie. the corvette stingray comes with an orange ended motor from the pics floating around ebay (i have one waiting at my p.o box ill pick up on tuesday when i stop by home).

from memory the bcg motor codes were as follows:

white: 1.0
      green: 1.6
      orange: 2.6
      red: 3.0

i vaguely remember a blue end as well. cant remember what it was rated at.

i did have a go at finding a bcg size motor on the road as i dont lug around my rc stuff these days and couldnt wait till i got back home. it came in some micro scale plastic train toy that took a single aaa battery.
      i had to shave down a q pinion gear to get it to fit nicely, and allthough its bigger size gave significantly more power it somehow interfered with the reception on the q-steer.
      the signals where getting to the car, they just where laggy and undrivable.

im really hoping at least some of my pile of bcg motors will be usable without having this nasty side effect.

z-beam
      Participant

sorry talldude, yes i think the faster motors are better.

ive tested the green Vs. the white q-steer motors and the green is faster (in normal and boost) on the hotwheels speed checker.

the green motor also has a little more “roll on” ability, the q-steer keeps rolling a little longer when you stop the power. new gearing (taller ratios) will expand on this disired effect. the stop/start nature of non proportional cars is sucky but it can be smoothed out with a little tinkering.

TallduDe
      Participant

the hornet is out!

saw some on ebay looks like you have to charge them but they have rear suspension

they look funky

z-beam
      Participant

the spring is only on one side though which is kinda odd. check out the official tomy q-steer website and have a look around the under development section has some great close ups of the buggies.

TallduDe
      Participant

got a link 4 us z beam cant find the site your talking about man.

z-beam
      Participant

http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/qsteer/tamiya/feature.html

have fun, this is very detailed comparison and looks at the tamiya buggies. they are a fair bit bigger than the 40mm q-steer cars…

z-beam
      Participant

a freind in japan found a buggy for me and its in the post :).

sorry talldude, the reebok skyline you have is a choro-q. it is not a q-steer. there is a q steer set with the same body but its hard to find anywhere as it is the only set with the orange end motor available right now. the q-steer version of that car has grey rims where as yours has chrome and black. if your never going to take it out of the really nice packaging then it doesnt matter much though 🙂

heres a link to the real reebok skyline q-steer in packaging

http://www.toyking.com.tw/merchandise/3/Qsteer_QsH03_772569.htm

i received my corvette and the gears are nice but it only comes with the standard speed motor. the box says normal speed type/high speed gear type. ah well.

print quality on the initial d set is nice.

also got a few choro-q’s arrived. pontiac firebird body fits nicely after a little modification but the landcruiser and hummer will take a bit more work to get fitting properly.

ill get some pics up soon.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.