topcad alloy xmod rims

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

i recently got a set from rcmart, i ve been killing my plastic wheels lately.
      they re damn expensive, us$29 or so but i just had to have em!

basically they re mini z rims that fit xmod axles, ie they take mini z tyres. the rears are 11mm with the extra width going on the outside. the fronts are 9mm wide and sit the same as stock rims.
      here s a comparison between the topcads (top) and stock rear ends (bottom)
      382D1407382418E8.jpg

the workmanship could be better, the rear rims wobble quite a bit. i think it s because there s a slight dip where the axle presses up against the rim when tightened. i m using gpm rear axles so i would have thought it would be a perfect fit. you can see what i mean here, this is the insides
      38286433382418E7.jpg

this is the outside (i couldn t wait for the camera before using them!)
      38241A5C382418E6.jpg

i m running the fronts inside out (hence the big silver circles) and despite the imperfections they work really well. i took this rig down to the 1:10 track yesterday and the handling was much better than the sloppy plastic rims.
      383004B7382418E9.jpg

for the price i dunno if i d recommend em, but i like mine and with a little work i ll have them spinning true.:8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

nice one betty, as if your x-mod needed any more performance enhancing purchases!:p

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.