Toy East upgrades – suggestions?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m about to order some stuff from Toy East.

Just want to make sure I’m not ordering junk:
      – Perfection 3.8 hi-torque motor
      – Perfection 200mAh NI-MH
      – Bullet ST Peugeot 206 (just for the body)

Planning on putting all this into the BCG I got from K-mart last week.

How do the Tomy 3.0/3.8 motors compare to the Perfection 3.8s?
      Just wondering if it might be worth getting a whole extra Tomy 3.0/3.8 car (instead of the Perfection motor) and using the spare bits for .. err ‘spares’. I’d sorta like to do the “same size wheels” mod.

Anyone tried those Perfection light kits in a BCG?

?Sorry for so many questions at once 🙂

Participant

u might want to try the 4.2 motors 😛

BTW does anyone know when toyeast will stock some more trueno pullbacks? they’ve been out for a while, same with hlj.com blackeye:

Participant

I might get a 4.2 – they’re only 10 cents more. 4.2s have less acceleration than a 3.8 right?

Will there be anything I can use from a Bullet car (other that the shell) for my BCG (eg. tyres, motor, battery) I think I read somewhere that only the body is of any use.

Participant

I know you can use the tires, but they aren’t all that special.

The Gears don’t line up, I think the motors are a little larger, I don’t remember too much.

Participant

The Bullet 206 body is a bit longer than the TOMY one, I?ve put one 206 shell on one of my Hummers which also is a bit longer. Looks awesome with those big Hummer-tires and the 206 body!
      The 3.8 is a killer both in top-speed and in acceleration, I doubt that the 4.2 would any different.

/Trackmaster

Participant

i suggest you order a few things at once off toyeast because the shipping is sooo expensive. the perfection light kit is really cool i have both clear and blue lights. they make the car look nice especially the blue lights. 😀

with the 4.2 motor you get two motors for the price of one and they are a little bit better then 3.8 for 10cents more you get two motors!!

plus if you can get some gears and tires that way you can fully control the new faster motor no matter what type you get:smiley2:

Participant

You might want to look into the tyre set because with a 4.2 you’re going to need some grip. Also the gear set comes in handy if you accidentally bend the axles when pulling them out.

Also one of those 2 speed lxx boosters – they go hard with a decent motor or even the tomy g-24 fairlady booster if they haven’t sold out.

😀

Participant

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Those 2 speed LXXs look good.

I think I’ll order this:

– Bullet Peugeot 206
      – LXX Type-R (the 2x black Supras w/ 2 speed control)

– Perfection 4.2 motor & 4.2 ‘pro’ motor
      – Perfection light kit
      – Tomy tire kit

Will the Bullet 206 body sit on the lxx chassis?

Do I need to get a fancy heatsink for the 4.2 motors?

Where are the gear sets on the ToyEast site? I couldn’t see them.

Participant

Well, the 206 body will not be to small at least, it?s a liiiittle longer than the LXX body, but you will get it to fit.
      You do not need any fancy heatsink other than for looks.

/Trackmaster

Participant

Kero, get some TOMY pullbacks dude. I’ve just put an order in to toyeast and I’m getting me some of those babys. The tyre/rims are mad on ’em……Along with some 4.0/4.2 and 200maH beasts……

ph2t.

Participant

Parts i recommend are:

-Tyre Set
      -Gear Set
      -Perfection 3.8/4.2

You could get the Perfection Battery but its not too good (doesnt live up to its name, the most i could get into it was 112 mah…out of it was only 89mah.

Participant

Where are the the gear sets on the Toy East site?

ToyEast seem to have sold out of those batteries anyway. Probably easier for me to get something from DSE or somewhere anyway.

Participant
      Quote:
      ToyEast seem to have sold out of those batteries anyway. Probably easier for me to get something from DSE or somewhere anyway.

I just ordered 2 of the 200mAh batts on sunday no sweats. I got my order confirmation yesterday saying all is cool……

ph2t.

Participant
      Quote:
      You could get the Perfection Battery but its not too good (doesnt live up to its name, the most i could get into it was 112 mah…out of it was only 89mah.

What do you mean jamie? How did you get these results? 200mah is it’s capacity, not how much current it can put out. That is dependant on the load…

ph2t.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.