TOYEAST?

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

2nd email finally got through to the eBay seller, even phoned emin the USto double check (and to show I was serious about wanting the item as the auction did end a week ago..).

But I’m a bit annoyed I still have no response from Toy East despite sending another email. Guess I’ll just have to wait some more :smiley13:

Admin
      Participant

I orderd a lancer evo, the one on my sig, about 4, maybe 5 days ago, and i payed through pay pal. And sence i payed i havn’t heard anything from them. I’ve e-mailed them but no respons. Anyone else had this happen, is it cause im no identifyed on paypal?

Admin
      Participant

HEY swissarmy did u send them the money through paypal yet? U have to go to paypal.com and “send money” to their address that they specified…did u leave them a message aboot the money? anyways they do take a LOOOOOOONG time to receive and send emails, mine took 4 days, hehe guess they get LOTS of emails then

Admin
      Participant

-color: #3A6EA5; scrollbar-arrow-color: #3A6EA5; scrollbar-3dlight-color: #3A6EA5; scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #3A6EA5;} –> Well i sent the money through pay pal, using “send money” and i sent it from a credit card. But i didn’t put a message with the money, does that matter?? Its been about 4 days since my first e-mail to them. I also didn’t get a confirmation from them that the payment was received, or the product was shiped, that normal??

Admin
      Participant

SwissArmy, as long as you put the order number in the subject part when you sent the money by PayPal it should be ok – that’s all the information they need to know you’ve paid.

It is normal that you don’t get a confirmation email to say your order was shipped, they avoid doing that to keep costs low, but on the site you can login and check your order(s) to see if they received the money and when the order(s) was posted. Ignore the estimated time to arrive dates, I found them to be about 5-7 days out in my experience (the last two packaged arrived ‘early’)

Still no reply to my query over the broken motorbikes, this is starting to tick me off, I guess the $180 I’ve spent with them so far doesn’t count for much… :smiley6:

Admin
      Participant

Well i registerd at toyeast and checked my order, but i quess since i didn’t order it through the web site, i orderd it off ebay, that they dont track that order. Im begining to grow impacient.

Admin
      Participant

I placed an order yesterday, which is Saturday, July 13th. we’ll see how it goes.

I just checked, and i got an email confirmation probably 2 hours after i ordered it. mayb it was morning for them, and they got the order right away or something.

Admin
      Participant

Did you order through the web site or eBay. Cause i orderd through eBay so i think they do things a little different, we’ll see.

Admin
      Participant

i did mine through the site.

Admin
      Participant

I guess thats the way i should have gone, but when i found it on ebay, i had no idea there was a site=( Its been 7 days sence i orderd, and i guess its not over due or anything, because i think i’ve read posts of up to 15 days it took, so we’ll see.

Admin
      Participant

give em a flood of emails, that always gets em to send some back :smiley2:, worked for me!

Admin
      Participant

Sounds good, i mean hell, im the paying customer, they should listen to me. Flood it is=)

Admin
      Participant

hehe, but Next time you order ORDER FROM THE WEBSITE not ebay, the website never fails!

Admin
      Participant

Yeah i’ve already decided that for my self=) hehe i dont like not knowing where my stuff is

Admin
      Participant

xcellent. they shipped my stuff yesterday, and it should be here in6 days. much better estimate than last time, which was 2 weeks.

Admin
      Participant

Hey guys,

I’ve never dealt with ToysEast, but in the U.S. you can check out http://www.jdmtoys.com. They are pretty cheap and pay for freight in the U.S. There are no prices listed on the websitte at this time, but all you gotta do is email them with what you want and they will quote you. Prices range fro $35 -$40 shipped in the U.S.

Admin
      Participant

uh oh. well i got my order in a week, but they seemed to have missed an order. i ordered 3 cars, but only 2 came. perhaps they are sending it in 2 packages because the box that i got it in could only fir 2 boxes, so mayb the 3rd one is being shipped seperately. also, i ordered a TT accord, but it came with a bitchar-a accord. on the box of the bitchar-a, it says it comes with a 1.0 motor, but the motor thats in the box is red, so im guessing they put in a 2.6 that came with it. im not too sure tho, because they also sent a 2.6 motor in addition, so i just stuck that one in it. mayb i should swap them. im just abit scared of taking off the axle.

also, it seems like my loctite skyline suffers from biglefturnitous. but the right turn is VERY small. spinout small.

also, my other cars controler suffers from supersensitivia, where even giggling the controler will set off the forward button. it doesnt even click. YIKES!

XERO
      Participant

Ok

more than a month later my cars have finally come. Everything is correct and they way i had ordered it. FINALLY

Admin
      Participant

xcellent. i got a responce from my email in less than 12 hours. probably 9 hours, but my brother was on the comp. not sure if they’ll send me the missing car because i use a different name for my email than my real name, for protection sake. but we’ll see. i sure hope they do.

Admin
      Participant

SSJChar,

You should use the email address you registered on the site with. Also, quote your order reference number.

Martin

Admin
      Participant

ya. i used the email addy that i used for registration, but im guessing their email recognition ways arent very good. either way, i gave them my real name and my order number and they got it straight. they did forget to send my accord, so they are sending it now, i guess, and with a keychain too! yipee!

Jaydeman
      Participant

reposting this from the General Discussion forum:

That’s the problem when ordering from overseas…there’s a few good US domestic dealers and you won’t have to worry about stuff like this..

my shop is http://www.junkyspot.com

Other great domestic retailers include: http://www.jdmtoys.com, http://www.tinyrc.com, http://www.cosmogames.com, and http://www.sigmaautomotive.com

Give them all a shot and at least compare pricing plus shipping and delivery times vs overseas shops to the US. As I mentioned in another post, overseas companies are great in terms of selection but for pricing with shipping and delivery, it issometimesonly worth it when you are in australia, england, and etc..places closer to HK and Japan..not always, but often.

Here’s an example.. let’s pick a random model..Lancer Evolution – Red. ToyEast pricing is $23.40. Mine is $24.99 on sale right now, and I am in California.Let’ssayI even increase the price to $29.99 whichseems to be average US retailer price. I would charge $4.50 shipping and handling within the continental united states, using USPS priority mail w/ delivery confirmation. After you placed the order, if it is instock (which it is right now), it’s at your door in 2-3 days for$34.49. ToyEastI *believe* charges between $8 and $11, solet’s say 9.50 average, so they would come out ahead at $32.90, about $2 savings. Would you pay the$2 not to worry aboutif and when your package is coming and to getit quicker? It’s a personal choice of course and the pricing was an example because some of the domestic retailers can and do beat toyeast and hlj’s prices when shipping is included.

NOW..on the other hand, any locations closer to HK and Japan have a major advantage over domestic US retailers because not only do they get the pricing cheaper, but their shipping is also cheaper and delivery times are fast as well 🙂 Lucky blokes!

Admin
      Participant

Well, I made an order from Toy East in May and got lost in the mail. I have e-mail them like a million times about the problem and the only answer that I got from them is that I have to getan official letter from my postal office telling them that I never got the package. They dont’ even give me a credit so I could re-order the stuff that I really want. Really piss me off that they don’t even care.

Admin
      Participant

Blame the post. I live in New Zealand and had a bunch of stuff shipped from the states. The US postal ‘service’ charges like a wounded bull then invariable ‘misplaces’ the parcel. If you only lose fourty bucks or so, consider yourself lucky. The good ole US postal service lost over $800 for me and I’ve never been able to get anything out of them. I’d never order anything from the States again because of that. Happily I’m in Singapore now so when ordering from Toy East it’s up to the Hongkong mail and Singapore mail to get me my stuff. They did a fine job last time so I’m preparing to place a larger order.

Nick

Admin
      Participant

That’s right,

http://www.junkyspot.com and http://www.jdmtoys.com have the best pricing I’ve seen for the U.S. market. After shipping cost for junkyspot and free shipping at JDM Toys, the prices are about the same. Anyways, bot sites got lots of stuff to offer. Just thought you would like to know.

Admin
      Participant

How do items from Toyeast Arrive on your doorstep in the UK? Is it Royal mail, or Parcel force, or another Courier service?. Just Waiting for my Red Evo to turn up which i ordered last Thursday, Could be here anytime now…..

Admin
      Participant

I ordered a Bit char-g from Toyeast on august second and supposedly it shipped the third and it’s estimated to arrive in twelve days ( the 15th) I’m in Pennsylvania so THat’s pretty good

I’ll tell you when I get it.

later Nick

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.