track idea from the us of a

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I was bored out of my mind today at work again; slaving away to earn more money for a bit of an addiction. I took my wrx out and started tooling around on the plastic floor chair mat. those like 10 to 20 dollar things on the rugs so you can manuver around the office instead of having to get up. The car can great on the plasitc surface, actually better than on the styrofoam i bought for way too much money. it would really be a good idea, i’ll put pictures up when i finish a track. I figure two of those mats, since they have an end that is supposed to go under a table, those tapered ends facing each other. so the mats are in the shape of a bone roughly. then u can paint latex right on the mats and roll them up when you are done. much more portable than the styrofoam. If anyone has a good idea for a guard rail let me know. i am using foam now.

ryan

Admin
      Participant

Love the idea of a “play and stash” surface! You could made 100 of them and still have room in your car for a carton of beer!

Only problem in Oz is the cost of those mats. I just phoned Officeworks and the CHEAPEST mat they have is AUD69.95 (~USD34.00) :smiley3:

I think that’s what I stil don’t have one under my chair at home. Hehehehe…..

Hit me with some pix when you’ve done the track. Really looking forward to this one!

Derek

Admin
      Participant

Might try peel and stick window/door insulation for guardrails. I was going to try this when I make a track…some day. I need to build a shed right now :smiley6:

If you want to do a roll-up surface, why not just a area rug or small piece ofvinyl flooring. I saw aastro-turf type piece with very low pyle that might work well for ~$10. You could paintit to give an even better surface.

Admin
      Participant

the only reason those mats get cheap here is because places give them to you when you buy a chair sometimes. Which isn’t too bad. But, i like the idea of the vinyl flooring better, it would be even more flexible. i’d have to figure out what paint would be the most flexible too though, so it wouldn’t peel off or crack. I just got a new license plate for my car, 86 subaru wr (white rice). It’s really amazing how many people will see you with racing stripes and a big R on your hood and rev when they see you at the light. Like they don’t see that it is a joke and my car really is slow. I guess it’s hard to tell under all those stickers. Stickers make it go faster. er make people look faster anyway, hehe. My plate was bluvipr. bold statement. now it’s gonna be suprslo. i wanted slowass, but that might not go over well with the ancients in my family. I did think about weather stripping for the barriers, but i really wanted to be able to change the track when i wanted to. but if the vinyl is that cheap i’ll just make another track when i want another track to run on. I printed those barrier logos on my hp printer with this sticker paper i found at walmart. You just print and cut em out. it’s pretty cool. it’s like 7 bucks here so if no one can find it in aus i would be able to get you some. i think 15 sheets is 7 bucks. i think. no promises.

ryan

wrc scooby/40k mix
      on the way: 57mhz booster set
      Initial D set

Admin
      Participant

I can see the Office Depot ad now…
      FREE BIT CHAR-G TRACK
      With Purchase of Swivel Chair

Admin
      Participant

R O T F L M A OS HI TI W D !

:smiley4:

Derek

Sorry….. M A O S H I T I W D = my ass/arse off so hard I thought I would die

Admin
      Participant

that almost looked japanese derek

As long as those swivel chairs have tilt and a bit char g logo i’d buy one. I ordered a bunch of initial D anime which should be cool. get me in the mood for my initial D set.

ryan

*before you make fun of someone, walk a mile in their shoes. that way, you are a mile away and you have their shoes.* – handy

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.