Track Idea

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      RacerX
      Participant

I’ve had a rather odd Idea for a track while I was whatching Back to the future the bit with doc’s model of the city, How do you recon that would go for a track. A full blow city with building ally way short cuts you could have midnight club style races and the best thing is I’ve found a great cheap surface to use I can get 84cm x 100cm sheets of foamcore through school for $6:D. I’m gunna make up a plan in the next couple of days.

DaveF
      Participant

Excellent idea. It’d look great. Be a damn lot of work in it though. Oh, and don’t fix the buildings down. That way you can make different tracks by moving the buildings around.

barto_85
      Participant

check this city/track out, its awesome, based on the initial d city I believe. This link is page 10 of the gallery, you can look through the rest, there is a sort of walkthrough of how they made it.
      http://members.shaw.ca/zenofstuff/initialcharg10.html

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Thats sweet, I want to make the mountain circuit on initial D (dunno what it is called).

RacerX
      Participant

yea thats the kinda thing barto but bigger :p.

DaveF
      Participant

That track is absoulutely amazing! Did you all go through the page 1 – 8 steps on the making of. Man, they got some extrordinary detail in there.

RacerX
      Participant

gas pumps are insane

DaveF
      Participant

The shading on one of the building signs actually looks like there are lights on it.
      Te petrol station, the brickwork, the ast food place, his hobby shop idea. All brilliant work. It’s not a track, it’s a mini movie set.

barto_85
      Participant

yeah its great. excellent detail.

M_Coupe
      Participant

That track is incredible

z-beam
      Participant

that would be an effort hard to beat.

Impreza
      Participant

Very nice, thxs for the link Barto. I think I may have to bookmark that one:)

RacerX you could prob. mod. one of the new super bits to look like the Delorian?

RacerX
      Participant

I had that thought but Man it’d be alot of work I’ve already planing to make a vw golf like my real car.

i2obert
      Participant

i have seen a site were the guy used lego for a race track you no the lego road and lego cop station and every thign it looked realy good

his the link

http://www.minizworld.com/albums/album59/aad.jpg

RacerX
      Participant

sweet but lego is to expensive these days

z-beam
      Participant

i bought abot $100 woth of track, great portability and you can change it at will… now where do i find some lego trees?…..

barto_85
      Participant

if you trust ebay and have an ebay account, there are some on there:
      http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3143277875&category=1186

i2obert
      Participant

have any of you been to a model shop and they have those displays for trians ??? why dont you get those things they look real and you can make like fake water and put lil people in you could make like a sandown race corse track like replica or somthing

z-beam
      Participant

thanx barto but i found a freind locally who is way too old for lego and is gonna trade me his trees and fences for dooing some repairs on his bit….

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.