TRACK SURFACE IDEA

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I’ve been designing Rally track plates, based upon the previous tracks i’ve made…I’ve been using cork, carpet, floor tile as well as a bunch of odds & ends to make an off-road surface…the problem I keep running into is that most of the materials that capture the rally ‘look’ do not have the loose traction.

I think I may have come up for an idea for ‘gravel’.

obviously, I can’t use real gravel/dust/whatever, because of the problem it can cause…

I have been messing around with PAPER!

i cut a bunch of odd shapes (triangles, squares, etc) out of plain paper and layer them on the track IT WORKS GREAT your putting along the ‘tarmac’ surfca and then BAM! you hit a patch of gravel and you could slide to the outside, or you may track staright ahead it depends on how the paper slides around under your tires…and all the pieces are big enough not to get clogged in the car’s workings.

also, if a piece of paper gets cast out from the vehicle rear, SO BE IT! no w the next lap aroud, you have a new patch to avoid.

if you can’t tell, I’ve been having a blast.

hope to get rally plates completed soon.

-aquila out

Admin
      Participant

DUDE! Beautiful! I haven’t gotten my car yet, but I can’t wait to start making tracks, and I was trying to think of kind of the same thing (rally mode). Now I just have to figure out how to do some water puddles!

Admin
      Participant

The paper idea can be pretty easy to do too…get a bunch of “holes” from the hole puncher at work or buy some confetti. And as you drive the course, the track conditions will change getting better in some spots, worse in others. Excellent idea Aquila.

For water puddles, maybe you can use some of shiny blue confetti.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.