transmitters

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      henal
      Participant

hi
      i just wanted to know i ahve seen loads of transimtters on ebay i was think of buying one but im not sure can there be used with any Reciever aslong and i keep frequince the same (like 40 mhz) because i wanted to but them mini Reciever and fit them on to a xmod and the a mini servo and a mini esc to all work but after ph2 said on his 40mhz mini z that only some Reciever will work it some transimtters

betty.k
      Participant

all hobby grade tx’s and rx’s are compatible provided they are the same frequency and modulation.

eg, in australia for land rc’s we have 27mhz or 40mhz.
      and they can be either am or fm.

so let’s say you settle on a 40mhz fm tx. you will need a 40mhz fm rx.
      a 40mhz am rx will not work.

you can get radios with removable modules so you can swap between am or fm and even go with the 2.4ghz craze!

eg, i have a futaba 3pk. i have a 27mhz am module so i can run my mini z, modified zipzap, 1:10 rally.
      i also have a 27mhz fm module that i use to control my 1:10 monster truck.
      and i can buy a 2.4ghz module that fits too.

best of both worlds. :8ball:

henal
      Participant

aright so it should all work if i buy a any transmitter all i have to do it get a rx whcih will work for it and have the same fm/am and mhz but in ph2 40 mhz he said that he need to find one that will work for a wheel type controller so i got confused there

henal
      Participant

This might be a noob question but I was just wondering that will this transmitter work with the receiver the receiver is some Chinese make but im not sure if it will work as I have done some reading on the internet about fm radios and other people including the one behind eBay said that his not sure it will work.

PandaBear
      Participant

All AM gear on same freq will work with one another.

However FM is more complicated, there is more than 1 tansmission standard
      and mixing different brands will cause problems.

Usually get a better chance if you use same xtals brand as the TX.
      (most cases FMs don’t like other brand xtals anyway)

So no one’s gunna GUARANTEE you ANYTHING, just have to test it yourself.

rcs2die4
      Participant

Isn’t Aussies freq’s now 29MHz for cars and boats as a standard ??

It use to be 27MHz but now it’s 29MHz as far as I know ??

You can of cause still use 27MHz but you get a lot of interference on the AM band. (Not sure about 27MHz FM !!!)

This is why you can have interference hassles with Mini Z’s as there 27MHz on the AM band !! and things like car UHF’s interfere with them badly !!!

I know this cause in my area a lot of people have UHF’s in the cars and every time someone drivers passed my house using there UHF it makes my car go hay wire !! So I now use my KO PROPO Mars EX1 with a Kyosho AM band module in it, but I use 29MHz crystals and it works perfect with no interference at all !!!

As you all know, KO PROPO is who make the radio gear for Mini Z’s so they make a module for the MARS EX1 specifically for Mini Z use !!!

henal
      Participant

yea i know with am every thing will work but fm has to be complicated

trash
      Participant

27MHz is rather quite these days. Most of your interference will come from industrial diathermy machine on 27.145MHz which just happens to be where a lot of low power RC cheapy 1980’s toys used to be.
      Chances of interference from 27MHz CB are small these days.
      Above 29.7MHz it is quite so there is even less chance there.

PandaBear
      Participant

… also lots of Electrical Standards etc etc that regulate the amt
      of RF any equipment can leak, to pass CE etc etc…

But occasionally truckies’ CBs can still glitch Band 6 Blue on 27MHz
      if you’re operating near a busy interstate highway.

trash
      Participant

I haven’t heard too many truckies on ch8 here in Australia for a while.
      They all moved to ch40 UHF.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.