Traxxas Revo!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Racer9
      Participant

Anyone else see it? It is frickin awesome! I want one so if anyone will buy one and donate it to me that will be nice!:D

peedee
      Participant

yes ive known of this for a while ifu want more info look at ausrc.com it is 479USD on tower

Racer9
      Participant

Yeah I know! I am finally happy to see a new Monster truck design instead of boring old shock towers and that crap!

PandaBear
      Participant

Hmm… what’s so “new” about that design?
      Wouldn’t be able to tell the differences from 10 paces away… blackeye:

Also, I thought having 8 or 10 (or more) big long boofy shocks was part of the mosnter trucking appeal..?

Hidden cantilever shocks… makes it look like an F1 car with overgrown tyres, plus Tamiya 1/10 TXT & TLT 1/18 already used it yrs ago.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

Aftermarket Clods and A1’s have been running cantilevers for 15 years. But, reading through all the PR BS, I think what makes them unique is they pivot AND twist on their mounts, giving progressive spring rate and damping (as they claim).

Another mildly interesting development is the electronically controlled gearbox with apparently has no mechanical clutches.

Also ‘apparently’ the shocks are ‘maintenance free’. Forgive my BS meter as it goes off the scale.

In the end, it’s still .15 powered, and as a Maxx and Savage owner, I don’t see the big deal. I have been considering the new Losi, but 1/10 Nitro trucks don’t interest me that much these days.

I agree with PB, a monster should be covered in shocks and have live axles front and rear. Show me and independantly sprung 1:1…

Racer9
      Participant

yeah but it is built for racing as all the parts are lower including the shocks it has a TRX 2.5R engine. Has very good parts and is only $479!

PandaBear
      Participant

Sigh… a “racing monster truck”.

Just what the marketeers prescribed; they’re all having wet dreams by now.

Racer9
      Participant

lol! It is cool though!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.