Tuned Exhaust help!!

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion Tuned Exhaust help!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Hey i m thinking about buying this pipe from here

kyo_39063.jpg

This pipe fits my engine (GX15) but what sort of power increase can I expect?

Wills?

Edited by – jamiekulhanek on 06 April 2004 13:52:56

PandaBear
      Participant

Anything fits the engine, but will it fit the *car*?? blackeye:

Pipe tuning is a black art. With 2-strokes, get it right and you might get 50% more power (within a certain rev range); get it wrong and it might be as bad as not having a pipe at all.

Pipe length is adjusted with the silicone joiner and/or a silicone tube at the stinger that you can cut to trial-n-error.

PandaBear
      Participant

Anything fits the engine, but will it fit the *car*?? blackeye:

Pipe tuning is a black art. With 2-strokes, get it right and you might get 50% more power (within a certain rev range); get it wrong and it might be as bad as not having a pipe at all.

Pipe length is adjusted with the silicone joiner and/or a silicone tube at the stinger that you can cut to trial-n-error.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I know about 2 stroke engines, even the silicon deflectors at the end of the exhaust can have an effect, on my old 2 stroke 22cc scooter a small pipe off the exhaust killed power :shock:.

Not sure if it will fit, the manifold will bolt right on but it might hit the tyre or recoil starter….hmmmm

I was thinking of having the pipe on the left (obviously) side outside the shell. Between the wheels.

If i tried doing a hack job with the manifold i am sure i’d wreck it.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I know about 2 stroke engines, even the silicon deflectors at the end of the exhaust can have an effect, on my old 2 stroke 22cc scooter a small pipe off the exhaust killed power :shock:.

Not sure if it will fit, the manifold will bolt right on but it might hit the tyre or recoil starter….hmmmm

I was thinking of having the pipe on the left (obviously) side outside the shell. Between the wheels.

If i tried doing a hack job with the manifold i am sure i’d wreck it.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

And have an un tuned exhaust…

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

And have an un tuned exhaust…

PandaBear
      Participant

If you had tried something just slightly longer or shorter, it could well get it back on song!

PandaBear
      Participant

If you had tried something just slightly longer or shorter, it could well get it back on song!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.