Turbo heatsink?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim
      Participant

I got a plasma motor and i m getting it soldered tommorow and i m getting an alluminiun motor mount heatsink with it. My z has a external V2 turbo so it would support it. I was wondering it the v2 turbo would melt if i ran my z with plasma dash too long?

Is there such a thing as Turbo heatsink or anything similar to keep it cool?

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh any turbo will melt eventualy but i recon u shouldnt have any problem a stock plasma dash can be run with a stock pcb if u dont drive it to hard…. u would probly run outta power b4 it melts…. i think… get jamie to advise you hes much more knowlageable then me

Tim
      Participant

hey i finally got the Plasma dash on!!

I tested it on my mini-4wd tester and it showed 31km/h yea!!

But when i gave it a test run for 8-10 min. the shell/body was heating up and i took it off noticing that the turbo was heating up and it fried my finger:dead: and the turbo was coming off where i clued it on!

What can i do?

merc-blue
      Participant

whoah try cable ties… ask jamie 2 advise you not me i dont know that much about mini-z turbos.. i never bothered with one

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Guys, external FETS ‘turbos’ are crap.

Want power?

6×2 (12 FETS) internal FET mod
      Stuffed servo case (removes jitters)
      Raced bearings (abec 5)

All for $65

Tim
      Participant

Jamie man where can you buy FETS? rcmarts?
      can you buy it from a retail shop or from someone because i don’t like shopping from the internet..

anyhow $65 are you referring to australian dollars or american?
      secondly why do you need 2 remove servo case, doesn’t the servo case just a white box where your servo gears lies?

betty.k
      Participant
      jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Timmy i am based in Aussie so naturally, my prices are AUD. Mate when a FET mod is performed the whole bloody car is dismantled, including the servo. Stuffing the servo is just a handling benefit.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.