TX2C/RX2C Channel Question

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I’m new to the forum so my question may be redundant but I haven’t been able to find the answer searching for it.

I understand the transmitter has 5 separate channels to send info: forward, reverse, left, right, turbo. I understand the current turbo function only cuts the forward channel in half (50% throttle). I’ve been wondering if you could rewire the chip so the turbo channel controlled the motor (forward only) and left the original motor channels (forward/reverse) open to be used just like the left and right channels…driving a servo.

I posted on this forum because it seemed to have some intelligent people who are experienced in this area so I hope to get a response.

Thanks,
      -Lost Cause

micro_Amps
      Participant

LC, the turbo function isnt independant of the F & R outputs. The F & R outputs turn on at 50% pulsed, unless turbo is turned on, then it goes to 100% on, the turbo signal isnt able to be seperated off and iused as a seperate signal as far as I know..
      Mostly the pcbs in the cars have the chip under a (very resilient) blob of resin, making re-wiring near impossible.
      The Lxx did have the Rx2 exposed and data on pinouts is available on the net.
      The Rx6 has extra functions available to be accessed, but in both cases the Tx chip has to have the inputs turned on as well, of course.
      Ph2t documented some of this info here…..

http://www.ausmicro.com/topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=1814&FORUM_ID=9&CAT_ID=2&Forum_Title=Bit+CharG+and+Micro+Radio+Controlled+%2D+Technical&Topic_Title=Add+two+more+TX%2FRX+Channels+to+your+LXX+Bit

Unfortunately the pics dont work anymore, but there are other links and info there that should be of help.
      Goodluck.
      :)uA

Admin
      Participant

Thank you for the quick reply. The link you posted gives me the answer I have been looking for. The RX6/TX6 chip seems to have two extra channels I can use to drive a servo. I don’t know if you have personally used a car with the RX6/TX6 chip but if you could direct me to an online store that sells them I would appreciate it. The closest I could find was: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44025&item=5904389527&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V

It is the same seller PH2T bought his off of but it is on Ebay and the guy’s english is less than perfect. :dead: Are these the right cars? Also, do you know what frequency they run at? I’m in the U.S. and only 27mhz and 49mhz are legal…even though I know with the range on these things it doesn’t really make a difference I’d still like to know, if you have the information.

Thanks,
      -Lost Cause

icebreaka
      Participant

That auction is only for a body.. not for a car.. :dead:

micro_Amps
      Participant

LC sometimes its pot luck with these cars as to whether they use rx2 or 6, sometimes I think its just availability that determines what they use.

betty.k
      Participant

http://www.toyeast.com/index2.asp

the 2 speed super perfection cars use the rx/tx6c chip. tomy booster cars also have 1 spare channel.
      i’ve never done anything more exciting than hook lights up to the extra channels, i’m interested to see how this turns out:8ball:

Admin
      Participant

Toyeast doesn’t seem to have the lxx super perfection cars in supply right now. Does anyone know why? I could only find one other supplier that sells Lxx cars on the internet and they are located in the netherlands…paying the same amount in shipping for a car I intend to use for cheap donor parts in the first place definately doesn’t seem worth it. If any of you guys happen to stumble accross another supplier I’d appreciate it if you posted their information in this thread.

If all else fails, I suppose I’ll stick to the dime-a-dozen rx2/tx2 based cars…:dead:

Thanks,
      – Lost Cause

Edited by – LostCause on 04 January 2005 09:08:02

jevries
      Participant

I truly believe it should be possible to use the Turbo function on the RX6c chip for other usage.
      It’s just a pin probably leading to a transistor that gives the motor the 100% juice it needs.
      There must be a workaround to directly give the motor the 100% juice using the standard forward button.
      I will try to find out where pin14 (turbo function) leads to but perhaps someone on here already knows the trick.:)

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.