Ultimate Car

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Okay people, this is ‘my’ dream car, prices are prob not correct, but hell =)

Bit Char-G – ?30

Toyota bB Silver Body- ?10

Ultimate Light mod-?30

Police Light Mod-?15

KniteRider Light mod -?15

2x NiMH – ?10

Rare Earth Magnet – ?5

Suspention springs -?2

2.2 motor -?6

TOTAL = ?123/$200 USD/$300 something AUD

Ahh that would rule

Admin
      Participant

Nobody seems t know this…but… the cars are already equipped with neodymium-iron-boron rare earth magnets…..

I know it would be cool caine, but i dunno if you could fit that all in a bcg.

z-beam
      Participant

check mod limit in tech section. my dream skyline has cost me 145$aus.

no way you can fit all those light mods. and the heat they’d make(without the turbo) would hurt the battery

PandaBear
      Participant

bB hasn’t got that much room underneath… better to go for a fastback or Accord wagon.

Admin
      Participant

Leds don’t put out any heat z-beam.

mcgee.
      Participant

LEDs sure pump out a a lot of heat when you set them on fire!

And as everyone knows, no car is fully modded out until you install a flames kit… 🙂

Admin
      Participant

i know…for a NOS kit stick an estes micro maxx rocket engine in your bcg…..hehehehehehe

Admin
      Participant

Hmm, so you couldn’t place that much lighting on it or it will burn? lol that would look weird. How about just the police (on top) and the ultimate inside?

Admin
      Participant

LEDS DONT PUT OUT HEAT>>>>>>>>>put as many in as you like!!!

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by jamiekulhanek on 24?October?2002

Leds don’t put out any heat z-beam.

Err… yes they *do*… its just a matter of how much current you pump through them.

LED = diode, so basically they act like a straight piece of wire and if you put a normal LED straight across a battery it shorts it out.

Little lithium cells won’t have enough current to damage a LED, but if you put it across something bigger it’ll definitely warm up!! My best attempt was (accidentally!) connecting a clearwater dual-colour LED across 12V… wow, I got a FLASH, then POP and even SMOKE!!! :smiley10:But oww.. that was a $5 LED.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Caine on 24October2002

How about just the police (on top) and the ultimate inside?

Mikes Ultimate Light Mod (check out my site for more info, Mikes site is under re-construction at the moment, aiming to be back up at the end of the month – if not earlier) takes up pretty darn nearly all the room inside your Bit Char-G. You’d struggle to get the circuit board and battery packfor that and the circuit board and battery pack for the police mod (or any other mod)in one shell. You could probably do it if you could link both up to the one battery pack – but I’m not sure if that would work – I’m not hot on my volts and batteries knowledge!

z-beam
      Participant

e=(mc)2

light is energy and when light energy hits a solid it reflects and a portion and the rest is transferred into heat. also if your not using rechargable batteries the cell uses decay to release electrons. that also gives off heat. flashing lights? magnetic fields!id bet you money that would affecty signal.

the point is caine, do you want a showbit, turbobit or a racebit because face it arn’t they different things. dont they each deserve their own even playing feild?

i’d love a showbit with all those lights fitted but fixing it up with dual cells and giving it lots of cosmetic attention is hard to justify. no more table top racing( be to easy to fall of the cliffs)

z-beam
      Participant

otherwise your bit is a fatt bitch( ar-g)

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by z-beam on 27October2002

I’d love a showbit with all those lights fitted

Its impossible to get all those light mods in one car as they are, unless you modify them somehow to run off one cicuit board and battery (I’m assuming that Caine is referring to Mikes Mods when he talks about the light mods). Otherwise, its a no go. Theres only so much space inside the Bit and the Ultimate Light Mod takes up most of that.

GT-ahh
      Participant

LEDs wont put out alot of heat unless you pump more than 3v though them. i remember i used to put LEDs in my afx cars, 12v + led= melted plastic.

PandaBear
      Participant

Its not the voltage but the *current* that fries them… find out their maximum recommended current and if you just put a resistor inline with the LED it’ll be fine. Roughly speaking you need something about 330 ohms for 1.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.