underbody lights

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      GT-ahh
      Participant

ive added “neons” to my rx7, they are the sort that are at the bottom of the door and are visible from the outside + light up the road…

http://www21.brinkster.com/gtahh/neon.htm

anyway have a squiz

Admin
      Participant

why dident you just use 1 5mm super bright led. woked bad ass on mine cant see any leds but lights up under the whole car

GT-ahh
      Participant

i wanted to be able to see the leds, like those neons u stick under your doors….only problem is they are abit wonky

Admin
      Participant

cool looks bad ass tho.

GT-ahh
      Participant

i added light up washer jets aswell

u can see them here…

http://www21.brinkster.com/gtahh/washer.htm

Admin
      Participant

are the light up washers just really bright red LED’s underneath the hood, or have you done somtehing special

Admin
      Participant

I put some body lights on my car like a month ago. There are 2 bright green LEDS powered by a lithuim batterie. I have also got 2 cell mod. Many bodies with body kits i moled on tight mufflers and sweet spoilers.

Admin
      Participant

Yeah i’ve been toyng with underbody lights. I ordered in some leds, cant tell you what colour yet…..but its gonna go off!! :smiley15:

GT-ahh
      Participant

nah the LEDs for the washer-jets are SMD LEDs i got from dicksmiths (they are rectangular, with a round lense, about 3-4mm long) , i made a 1.2mm hole in the bonnet and stuck the lense through, ill scan the data sheet when i find it..

Admin
      Participant

i found purple yellow lime green red orange blue white leds at this store by my house

GT-ahh
      Participant

$30 US for 6 UV LEDs? ripoff. In aus they are $2.50retail which is ~$1.25 US

Admin
      Participant

Lacer is just pulling his chain again.

Admin
      Participant

they go by color. red green and yellow are the cheepest white and blue are the most exp. look um up at http://www.radioshack.com and theres 3mm leds put out by street glow for havic lighting for real car’s in every neon. and lemme guess you dont think there bi colored led’s either?

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by GT-ahh on 10November2002

$30 US for 6 UV LEDs? ripoff. In aus they are $2.50retail which is ~$1.25 US

It *might* be possible… :smiley3:!!

There are some special LEDs made for “voltage”, not current. These have a little microchip inside (can be seen if you look closely) so you can connect them direct to a voltage source with infinite current (read 12V battery) without them blowing up, you don’t need resistors. Some also blink, or glow/pulse etc etc. They’re targetted at the ICE crowd so most of them run only on 12V DC.

Pricing on these aren’t cheap, they sell for A$5-10 each here in Oz even for the basic ones. Superbright & UV ones might be even dearer (as superbright ‘normal’ UVLEDs are already A$5-7 each).

ps: UV is bad for your eyes. You may be young and immortal now, but you may regret it bad when you get cataracts in 20 yrs time.

Admin
      Participant

i just read up on them and there filled with neon gas like a neon tube thats why there so expensive but the purple orange yellow blue and white at the most expensive.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.