US Batteries…..FOUND.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      mcojoc
      Participant

Cell Model Size Volts Capacity Diameter Height Weight Price
      N-50 AAA 1/3AAA 1.2V 50 mAh .410″ 0.630″ 0.12 $2.00

AP-150 AAAH (new) 1/3AAA 1.2V 150mAh .410″ 0.550″ 0.136 oz $2.50

Here are specs for the original Bit Char-g Battery (N-50-aaa) and a Ni-MH equivalent (AP-150 AAAH) battery available in the U.S. At:

http://www.mrnicd-ehyostco.com/newpage3.htm

Ordered from them before. They take Visa, and the order came within a week. I did not get the NI-MH battery though, I only got about 5 replacement standard capacity batteries. It seems to me, capacity being the issue, that it would just take more charge cycles to get the thing up to full power. I currently charge my bitchar-g 2 to 3 times before running it and it lasts on hardwood floors a good 5 to12 minutes. Unless doing some serious endurance racing, I can’t see the need for the NI-MH batteries…(Unless the new 3.0 motors drain the battery quicker….) The NI-MH battery is same dimension as the standard battery, however slightly shorter. With the friction fit of the battery holder in the Bit-Char-g, this should not be a problem. It’s literally only 8 hundreths of an inch smaller…(.008) and just a small bit heavier too! Hope this helps….

Enjoy!

Mitch

Admin
      Participant

Yup, that’s been found already in the battery thread. However, it is good info that could use being closer to the top of the threads.

Oh, and welcome to the board. WooHoo! I beat Derek to it

Admin
      Participant

Cheers (and welcome aboard, mcjoc)

Derek

mcojoc
      Participant

Thanks guys. Working on the Transmitter hack now. I don’t see a capacitor between L3 and R9….

Admin
      Participant

Most of the people I know in electric micro flight get there batterys from

http://www.digi-key.com/

They are pretty good and have just about every bat type and brand. Some say panasonics are good and some have other oppinions (sanyo). But oh well.

I fly both in my micro helicopter (piccolo) but have had more sanyo’sthan panisonics.

Anyway.

b.

Admin
      Participant

But they don’t have 1/3AAA NiMH batteries.

Admin
      Participant

Whoops.. Sorry about that Y. I will mail some of my flying budys and find out where they are getting their toys now a days:)

b.

mcojoc
      Participant

I mentioned the guys above because of my personal order experience with them…. I figured it would be an endorsement of sorts for guys in the US looking for a place on the web that delivers expediently plus, the side by side dimensions will let people feel comfortable about making sure the ni-mh batteries would fit if purchased…

http://www.mrnicd-ehyostco.com/newpage3.htm

Admin
      Participant

Has anyone used the ni-mh batteries. I just ordered some and am expecting them soon. I just wondered how many times you have to charge them to get a good charge. I’m going to make a better charger if it’s more than a few times.

-Peter

mcojoc
      Participant

Not yet, but I am interested. I’m getting 10 to 12 minutes on a 2 1/2 minuite charge right now so it’s not a major deal, but 1/2 hour of run time might be fun!…

Admin
      Participant

I’m not necessarily looking for more run time but longer peak time. Have you noticed if you charge it up twice it runs really fast for about a minute then fades to what I call normal speed. I’m hoping to get peak speed for a few minutes with NiMH

-Peter

mcojoc
      Participant

Yes… I have noticed that….. Let us know how it goes! For $2.50 a battery american, it’s well worth the attempt…

Good luck!

Keep us “posted” on your results!

Admin
      Participant

Let us know how it turns out….!

I am a little leary of a long run time. As the motors were developed for cell phones, beepers. And thus only meant for a short period of activity. I wonder if it will burn them out quicker if you havea longer run times without a break.:smiley5:

To me, it seems these motors are hit and miss when it comes to quality…

-Floyd

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.