User rating system for mods?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Impreza
      Participant

Hi everyone, it has been a while. I was thinking that it would be good if we had a rating system set up for mods in the tech section. Maybe a scale system from 1-5 or 1-10. Just so others reading know what they are getting into prior to starting a mod or fixing a prob. For example soldering the wires back onto the board maybe rate as a 3. Changing the cell on a car a 1, and a Fet mod maybe 5? Aaron not sure if this could be writen in the code or if everyone should type it into the first line of their msg?

Keymaster

Easiest way of doing it would be with a Poll for each Mod. People could vote so we get an average, plus also post their actual score and comments.

I’m sure the Moderators would be able to keep the threads nice and neat. We’ll just more out ‘discussion’ posts and keep it for ratings only.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Impreza
      Participant

Great Idea again Aaron:) I think it would help out alot of ppl doing mods, me included.

jazza_1984
      Participant

yeah i like the sound of this as well

DaveF
      Participant

How would the Poll work? Perhaps you could run a Poll for each mod, asking how difficult it is to do, then the score would give your 1-5 rating… perhaps.

Great idea though. There’s a place on the web that sells mods, and their DIY sction lists if it’s for beginers, intermediate, or advanced.

Impreza
      Participant

I think I will post a mod sometime this week and try this idea out. One other way to do it? would be maybe to have the numbers 1-5 avail. to the poster under the message icon. The problem with this is that you are leaving up to the poster to decide the difficulty of the mod, and not all of our skills are the same. A mod that ph2t or u would consider a 2 maybe a 4 or 5 for someone else? However ppl voting on the difficulty may alter the number as well as members may vote without trying the mod first:( just base it on how tough it looks?

I may be over thinking this one but it could really be a good tool for ppl when judging which mods to try. Aaron et al. let me know what you guys think?

ph2t
      Participant

Sounds good fellas. Prez has a good point about “normalising” the mods somehow.

Maybe include general requirments, eg:

Soldering required
      Cutting/grinding required
      paints required

and then skill level

Expert
      Advances
      Intermediate
      Beginner

and so on….

Impreza
      Participant

One step ahead of you ph2t, for once:). I was going to test this idea out tomorrow and include a picture of the tools required for the mod:) along with either a poll for skill level or some other way of indicating the skill level?

I also think that the clearly organized mods should find their way somehow into the tech section of the site. Maybe we could adopt a similar system to the one set up allowing members to enter their own articles?

Impreza
      Participant

I have an idea on the rating system? If members are able to submit mods like we are able to submit articles then the rating system could be taken care of by other members rating the posted mod much in the same way members can rate a posted article?? Aaron is this doable? If not then what other method of rating do you like better?

-including #1-5 in the message icon selection

-including a poll in the post for members to vote on

-the member posting the mod will simply select a difficulty rating

I will post a practice mod today but can be modified:) to whichever posting system you like best?

heck we can even run a poll to see what everyone else likes:) I thought since there may be possible code changes etc involved Aaron should have the last say in this one (since it is his site and all :blush:) If this whole idea is a wash pm me:(

Impreza
      Participant

Ok first test is up and running under the Bit tech section under Bit Racer wheel/gear Mod test. Let me know what you think???

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.