v4.0 Is Here! The Good The Bad and the Worse.

Home Forums General Chat v4.0 Is Here! The Good The Bad and the Worse.

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Hi Everyone,
      Welcome to our new look. We’ve only just finished importing everything and sadly we do have some bad news. But first the good news!

The new Forum system is faster, more reliable and much more effective than the old system.

You’ve got more options, more features and a much better gallery system to enjoy.

The Sad and Bad news is that there were quite a few threads and posts that didn’t make the move. Why is that? Well quite simply they weren’t able to be read into the new forum. We lost about 1000 topics, and their matching posts.

That doesn’t sound like much but we are missing some pretty benchmark stuff. It will all be kept in the “old” v.3 forums and you will be able to look it up. The real important things we will import manually – they’re be messy but it can be done.

Others things.
      You will need to set your Profile up again. Point your browser at this page http://www.ausmicro.com/forum/usercp.php and work through the options. Don’t forget to set your timezone!

The Subscriber/Donor system has been reset. You will find information on getting on-board at: http://www.ausmicro.com/forum/faq.php?faq=ausmicro_faq_subscribe

That’s it for now. Please posts comments and thoughts of the new look here. We’re not finished tweaking and setup yet, but we’re working as fast as we can!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ph2t
      Participant

In like flynn!

ph2t.

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

I’m here again 🙂

Great work Aaron!
      Looks fantastic, hope you are mega proud of yourself, ausmicro.com is the success it is due to all your hard work and efforts.

so who’s up for planning a big meetup on ausmicro.com’s birthday this year?

Cheers y’all

betty.k
      Participant

well i only just landed but it’s looking bloody good!

good work aaron, i appreciate all the hard work you put into this place:D

ausmicro rides again!!

yay=>:8ball: !

steelwoolghandi
      Participant

Wow have not been here in some time glad I got the email I will have to come by more often! Thanks for the email and keep up the great work!

z-beam
      Participant

well thats better! i had to quickly change the default posts per page to 20… and now she looks fine!

but i nearly cried when i saw the odd style it was in before i changed it in my settings… might want to make it V.3 similar Aaron so that newcomers are not scared off by the alien set up!

looks great, and i cant wait to check out the new features…. awesome job!

DarkTari
      Participant

Man It Sure Is Bright Over Here Now ! Glad I wore my shades…:cool:
      Great new look, congrats Aaron!

Now where’s that Lobster on the Barbie ?????

sg219
      Participant

My comp don’t crash like a drunk driver anymore!!!!

Good lookin’ stuff.

Keymaster

I’ve got some more work to do on things today 🙂 Hopefully a few issues people have found will be resolved…

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

one issue i had was i could only include 4 images per post which includes smilies, hence my double post in my mr02 thread. no real big issue just so long as i know for future reference if it will stay that way:8ball:

ph2t
      Participant

I LOVE IMAGE TAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

woooooooooooohooooooooooo!

Good to see the pimps here too!

ph2t.

Keymaster

mmm Interesting – I’ll bump it up a bit methinks 🙂

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ph2t
      Participant

Hachi sent me a PM into the old system. (ie: the link in the email stated /v3 in the URL) can I still access this? Can the v3 pm’ing be turned off for sending any new pm’s?

cheers

Keymaster

I think you still can. I will have to turn off the old systems PM function… But although they were supposed to import int he new system they didn’t 🙁

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster
      betty.k wrote:
      one issue i had was i could only include 4 images per post which includes smilies, hence my double post in my mr02 thread. no real big issue just so long as i know for future reference if it will stay that way:8ball:

That’s now resolved 🙂

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant
      KittyKatSmack wrote:
      I’m here again 🙂

Great work Aaron!
      Looks fantastic, hope you are mega proud of yourself, ausmicro.com is the success it is due to all your hard work and efforts.

so who’s up for planning a big meetup on ausmicro.com’s birthday this year?

Cheers y’all

Great site Guys, Pitty about the post loss but hay > Whos counting…

As for ausmicro.com’s birthday this year? > Im up for It < What dose 1 have in mind ?

sg219
      Participant

Could you make everything GREEN? :smiley10:

Just for me. Please. :worship: :big:

Keymaster

If you’re good I’ll get alternative skins for the site, and let you choose your own 😉

Got a few things to do first before I get down to letting everyone be that funky!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster
      z-beam wrote:
      well thats better! i had to quickly change the default posts per page to 20… and now she looks fine!

Now the default 🙂

z-beam wrote:
      but i nearly cried when i saw the odd style it was in before i changed it in my settings… might want to make it V.3 similar Aaron so that newcomers are not scared off by the alien set up!

Me too. Finally worked out how to kill that off 🙂 :rocket:

We are slowly making progress….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

icebreaka
      Participant

Lovin the new site so far 😀

TallduDe
      Participant

so what happened to those who subsribed llast year nad havent got pretty colour names now?

did my subsrciption run out?

Keymaster

Yes dude all ran out (after some 18 months for some members). I theres two peopel I have to check the expiry on though. The New system still has Subscribers and Donors and is pretty automated for PayPal…

Go here: http://www.ausmicro.com/forum/payments.php

In the FAQ (Click FAQ in the top bar) there’s info on the deal…

I’ve not had a chance to fully polish the speil there and give a clearer indication of benefits, been focussed on gettin back the missing posts 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster
      TallduDe wrote:
      so what happened to those who subsribed llast year nad havent got pretty colour names now?

did my subsrciption run out?

Sorted now. Yourself, Hype and Priest still had current running stuff that I hadn’t marked up. All sorted now – sorry for the confusion 😮

Oh and you can see a list of Subscribers Donor etc here: http://www.ausmicro.com/forum/showgroups.php

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

allright Aaron, 2 things bugging me with the new system…

attached pics dont show up for me

and pms give me the new pm pop up even when ive veiwed them when i log in half the time.

like ive said before, all cookies are enabled… so whats changed with new system so that i cant see these features. and if you think its my end, let me know what i can do… thanks.

Keymaster

Attached Pics is fixed (Zone Alarm at your end) weird proggy that one.

The PM pop ups annoyed me so I turned them off… I’ll have a poke at that bit and see what’s goign on…
      A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

demonajy
      Participant

All looking good!

Any chance of a favicon….?

Keymaster

Favicon? Yeah could probably cook something up when I’m back in a coupel of weeks 🙂

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

sg219
      Participant
      Aaron wrote:
      Favicon? Yeah could probably cook something up when I’m back in a coupel of weeks 🙂

A.

Whats a “favicon”? :confused:

Keymaster

Favicon = Favorites Icon. The little pic that goes next to the URL in the browser or appears next to the link in your Bookmarks/Fopvorites list.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

demonajy
      Participant

Hey Aaron,
      Any chance of using this for a favicon?
      http://members.iinet.net.au/~demonjay/Favicon/favicon.ico

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.