Victorian enthusiasts

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      klims
      Participant

Im sick of being yelled at by my family to stop messing around with my ‘toys’ in the house, so i was hoping to get out there and maybe run my mini z on a track. i was wondering if there were any mini z enthusiasts out there from the Northern suburbs of Melbourne who maybe get together to race, or are in the same position as i am and want to race against someone.

aussiexmodder
      Participant

Well id race my xmods against ya but im like you except im in the barossa valley. so good luck

betty.k
      Participant

there are a few of us in melbourne but we’re spread out pretty good. me an merc blue are in the eastern suburbs while ph2t is in the south.

i’m not aware of any specific mini tracks but we sometimes race on a 1:10 track at templestowe :8ball:
      http://drive.to/tftr#

klims
      Participant

that place in templestowe is right on my way to work! its not even far. how often do you guys get together? what do you normally race there? electric or nitro?

betty.k
      Participant

we’re pretty hopeless at organising meets! but when we do we usually post something here.

templestowe is electric only so that makes it easy!:D :8ball:

klims
      Participant

sounds good. if you guys get together some time i would definately be interested. until then if there is someone out there from the north side dont be shy to say hello

ph2t
      Participant

dang klims, we had an impromptu meet there today for a couple of hours. Was testing out me 40mhz conversion Z.

Had a few mishaps, betty actually BENT his rear axle! Couldn’t bloody believe it.

ph2t.

klims
      Participant

no way. i guess i will have to wait till next time. i wont believe that i am the only person with a mini z in the north. i get the feeling that if kyosho released a VL with an external turbo there will be heaps of interest…

betty.k
      Participant

yeah, it was a totally last minute thing.

i still have no idea how i managed to crash so hard, bent rear axle, broken h plate and tore a motor wire off!:dead: :8ball:

klims
      Participant

i wont believe that there is no one out north who takes interest in mini z! anyone even dabble in the world of R/C?

betty.k
      Participant

unfortunately the mini and micro scene is looked upon as “childs play” by the 1:10 and nitro crew.
      which is dumb, anything us nerds play with is a toy, whether it be 1:1 or 1:64:D :8ball:

klims
      Participant

haha this is very true. unfortunately even 1:10 is considered “childs play” out here. infact even anything that is R/C! when will these people learn?!

betty.k
      Participant

only real men can admit they love toys;) 😀 :8ball:

mr.micro.2u
      Participant

If i was to organise a formal race meeting up here in central Victoria sometime in the next couple of months, would you lot from the city make the 2 hour drive? To make it worth my while i would require around 20 racers. I have already got 8 regular in my local area, i think there might be around 6 or 8 Mini z drivers from Bendigo. So if 6 or more from Melbourne made the trip on a weekend day, i would plan a properly structured race meeting, complete with 8 lane laser triggered computer timing system, top level carpeted track and 4 classes (stock rwd, mod rwd, stock awd, mod awd). Oh, i might just get the BBQ cracking too. I am open for suggestions. PM me if you are intersted.

z-beam
      Participant

ive seen your tinkerers bench betty! its micro scale proffesional tuning what we do!

*directs everyones eyes away from the stacks of transformers around the place*

klims
      Participant

is there no one out there from the northern suburbs of melbourne?

leonli17
      Participant

Where bouts are u mate? i’m fron North Eastern suburbs. Havn’t touched RC for a while, might take them out for a run during Uni break.

klims
      Participant

im in Thomastown. north east where?

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.