Victorian guys?

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi guys, im new here. I’m just looking for a track and some people to race against. I’ve got an old mr-01 and im getting an ma-010 this week. Never done any racing just stuffing around in the house, but looking to get a bit more serious. I’m going to make a foam track to practice on at home. I’d love to hear from some victorians/melbournites. Is there much of a mini-z scene around here?

Thurston.

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Where abouts hombre?

Admin
      Participant

I live in SE subs (Ashburton) and work in northern subs (Thomastown).

mr.micro.2u
      Participant

Hi mate, there are about 8 regulars who meet at my place every month or so in central Vic, it is very casual but heaps of fun. Unfortunately i am going for a round Australia trip shortly and we wont be starting up till later in the year. I will get it happening when i get back.

klims
      Participant

hey man just got your pm.

i have a fully worked mr02, an mr02 body with iwaver internals and a recently acquired x-mods EVO with an awd upgrade.

no i don’t race down at a track but i would definitely like to. i normally go for a thrashing down at the new factories in Thomastown. really smooth roads .

so where do you work in Thomastown? i live just by the freeway, a little before the new bypass.

Andrew.

Admin
      Participant

My work is on settlement rd, near high st. My new ma01 is at the post office, I pick it up tomoro :smiley14:. I bought some of those interlocking eva foam mats today to make my own track. They’re 61cm square and currently $17 for a pack of 4 at Supercheap Auto, I got 4 packs to make a small track.

klims
      Participant

OK sorry i forgot about that side of thommo. lol.
      I’m on the other side down the freeway. near the Edgars rd turnoff.
      besides, isnt that called Keon park??????

they sounds pretty sweet. i’d love to see some pics when your done.

so what are your hours of work? maybe we could have a little meet sometime. i’m keen on finally racing someone. not sure if it will be a very fair competition though. if your gonna build a track that size then i guess your not running a top end setup.

what exactly are you running?

Admin
      Participant

Nup, definatly thomastown. Thats the biggest track i can fit in my house, I might make a bigger version that I could lay down in the driveway. Currently a stock mr01 and stock ma01, I’ll probably buy an mr02 then start hopping them up. I can finish at 2 on fridays and saturdays, maybe next week.

klims
      Participant

saturdays? where do you work?

sat works for me. i’ll give you some better direction as to where these factories at that i can meet you at. not sure hot fun it will be though with a stock car. the large amounts of room might make you feel a little slow!

but i guess we will discuss it a little closer to the date.

maybe we could even head down to the track in Templestowe if anyone else was interested in a meet?

mini-g
      Participant

just watch the sun on those mat’s andor, dgs took his track outside and all the mat’s curved up. he used the same mat’s from supercheap.

betty.k
      Participant

hey there gang! just moved house to mont albert and ph2t and i are already brainstorming on track ideas for my new back patch!

i think we’d be in for a templestowe meet, just hard to find the time lately.
      and working weekends doesn’t help either:thumbs_down:

i’d like to see a melbourne based crew come together, minig’s place is too much of a trek to just “pop over”. then we could come together as separate teams perhaps and have a victorian nationals or some crap like that.:beer: :8ball:

Admin
      Participant

I work at Gear Design & Service, im an apprentice fitter & turner. I only work saturdays if I want to, usually do, the money is good.

Thanks for the heads up mini-g.

I’d love to meet up at this track sometime.

Got my ma01 today, loving it. You can tell it has heaps of potential. Few problems tho. The pinion fell off after just 20 mins running. Also the new remote (tx?) is pretty crappy, im using the one that came with my mr01 still.

I burned out a fet on my mr01 so its dead for now, i’ll try fix it sometime.

klims
      Participant

i like the idea of the templestowe meet. i guess it would be hard to pick a day in advance because we live in melbourne. i’ve been itching to get down to the track though. never had a chance to actually drive my little beast.

a question to all the guys that have been there, what day is better to go on the weekend? which day has less people?

shame about the mr01 Andor. i guess it gives you an excuse to buy an mr02 now 🙂

leonli17
      Participant

saturdays has less people since they have races the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month.

Easter break is coming up so i can actully go down to the track during the break.
      As for my car, it hasn’t been moved for one and half years so need to get it ready.

Hey Andor, welcome to the site. Since ur MR01’s fet is already burnt, u wanna sell the PCB to me? 😉 i really hate Iwaver boards…

Admin
      Participant

I’d prefer to have a crack at fixing it, but i’ll keep you in mind if I change my mind.

klims
      Participant

so the super long weekend is coming up. anyone wanna head down to the templestowe track for a meet? what day suits?

klims
      Participant

was gonna head down to the templestowe track tomorrow afternoon at about 4ish, assuming i can sneak out of work early. anyone interested?

Admin
      Participant

Can ayone give me please a Tracklist around Melbourne.
      So I can give my Mini-Z racer a drive.

ph2t
      Participant

There a no mini-z/1:18/indoor foam/carpet tracks to my knowledge…. 🙁

I bloody well wish there was.

betty.k
      Participant

there’s a newly completed concrete track just opened in my back yard!

it gets the betty.k and ph2t seal of aproval :topstuff:

only problem is i work when everyone else is free, weekends.

but one of my neighbours is a miserable turd, i wouldn’t mind pissing him off with a mini z party some time….:evil: :8ball:

klims
      Participant

haha sounds good.

because of the situation, maybe you could organise one for the next public holiday… unless you work those too…

leonli17
      Participant

uni holidays coming up soon. i’m up for some backyard concrete bashin session. 🙂

betty.k
      Participant

yeah, i usually work public holidays too.

so when are holidays on? :8ball:

PandaBear
      Participant

now that Jun’e QB is over… there’s no other pub hols until Melb Cup (nov) & Xmas!! 🙁

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

I’ll build a NITRO MiniZ and ship it to you just for that occasion :p

klims
      Participant

sounds sweet, but i think you are lying…

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

yeah true…. it’ll be a cold fusion powered one really….

but with something else noisy for the neighbours, like maybe a dog stapled to the roof…

klims
      Participant

would you breed your own dog for the occasion? not sure if any breeds on the market would fit on the roof of a mini z…lol

Admin
      Participant

Hi Guys, I thought this is probably the best place to let you know about racing in Bendigo this Thursday night (Oct 18) in the function room of the Bendigo Baptist Church. We run 01 and 02 cars with a range of speed and skill level. We have lots of fun, others are welcome to join us, send me a message.
      Pete

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.