WARNING: Serious flaw in LXX Perfection Controller

Home Forums Bit Char-G, Digi-Q and other Micros Bit CharG and Micro Radio Controlled – Technical WARNING: Serious flaw in LXX Perfection Controller

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ph2t
      Participant

Fellas, one day for no apparent reason my LXX perfection bit just stopped working. The main symptom was that the power LED on the controller turned off even though the controller was powered on. I also noticed that the batteries got very hot. There was a short somewhere on the controller PCB.

After a bit of stuffing around and testing with my multimeter I found the problem. The power LED leads were shorting to ground!!! This basically meant that the batteries were shorted and no power was going to the controller circuit.

Here’s a pic showing the LXX perfection controller PCB, the power LED is circled in yellow.

lxx_perf_flaw_1.jpg

Here’s a close-up showing the source of the problem. Bloody crappy Chinese QA processes! arghhh!

lxx_perf_flaw_2.jpg

To fix it I put a piece of rubber tyre to insulate the LED pins from the PCB.

lxx_perf_flaw_3.jpg

All done. Now she works without any problems. I hope this helps anyone else that has had this problem….

ph2t.

betty.k
      Participant

nice one! my controller would indicate charge even though i’ve never used the charging plate! i just popped it open, and while i don’t have the same prob as you, i did find a couple of dry solder joins and even a part where the copper has lifted off the pcb!!:shock: easy fixed, but i worry about the kiddies without the tools to fix these little glitches. i’ve got one coming as a gift for someone, and i’m going to have to give it a thorough inspection before handing it over:8ball:

ph2t
      Participant

Yea I noticed serious drying out and other “funny” marks on the PCB when I opened it.
      Also the PCB that has the boost button on it had a lifted track that broke when I removed it. Talk about crap quality….. At least the chassis is in better general working order….for now….

ph2t.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Wel I suppose it comes down to the old saying, “You get what you pay for…”
      :)uA

ph2t
      Participant

very true…..

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I noticed on all my BCG TX’s there lots of little chinamen fingerprints all over the damn thing, anyone else found this???

matic
      Participant
      Quote:
      Bloody crappy Chinese QA processes! arghhh!

Those Chinese probably get 0.85$ for a car so it`s a miracle that cars work at all….

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.