wat should i get

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion wat should i get

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      the_bit
      Participant

wat type do u rekon i should get a nitro stadium truck or a nitro monster truck??

PandaBear
      Participant

Why u asking US what YOU like? 👿

Shouldn’t you have your own opinions first?

What are you planning on doing with it??

the_bit
      Participant

jumps, racing and muckin around

PandaBear
      Participant

Stadium trucks are mainly for serious offroad racing on tracks… otherwise they’re not exactly anything great worth looking at, they’re not a real scale vehicle and no one is into 1:1 stadium truck racing outside of the US (even THOSE don’t have the ridiculous fat balloon tyres!!)… :dead:

For backyard bashing, something like the T-Maxx (and lots of other similar trucks) is probably ideal. They are pretty strong, they have big wheels to roll over most things, they are 4WD (stadium trucks are 2WD), most have hancy gearboxes with 2spd & reverse.

the_bit
      Participant

kool thanx. wat is monster truck between 400-700 dollars?

PandaBear
      Participant

If you’re hoping for “full set RTR”, can probably find something like a T-Maxx 2nd hand in good condition for about A$700. Otherwise new they’re closer to $900-1200.

There’s also the Kyosho MegaForce I think, and the Tamiya TerraCrusher in the same pricerange.

Most of the current monster trucks are only available as an RTR, cannot buy as a kit to build yourself and add your own radio/engine etc.

the_bit
      Participant

k thanx.
      also does anyone know any sites that have instructions that tell u how to do maintenence on your nitro vehicle?

PandaBear
      Participant

Most of the “maintenance” is plain old common sense.

Nitro cars can get very messy… Keep the car clean so you can see when screws are coming loose, parts breaking etc. (Also a clean car is so much nicer to wrench on!)

You must get the instruction book with any car you buy so you can work out what is going on, and what’s going wrong. This is important!

The instructions would usually have a list of all the sparepart packs sold… so when you need spares, you just ask for the exact pack. No timewastin’ and your LHS will love you. 🙂

dgs73
      Participant

Kyosho Mega Force RTR w/ touch starter at Gladesville 4 $1050 new…:smiley2:

VR-4
      Participant

get a ofna ultra

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.