We’re Moving!

Home Forums General Chat We’re Moving!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

We’re moving to a new Server within the next few hours/days.

This means that for a short while all the magic things that make ausmicro.com may slow down and/or stop working totally for a bit!

I’m hoping to do the transition as smoothly as possible by mirroring all the site info across (there’s a lot that makes ausmicro.com) but we will have up to 48 hours downtime in the transition.

Sorry for the inconvenice but it will be worth it! New server has better WWW server engine, better code engine and overall is a much more powerful box.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

good work, thanks for the heads up:):8ball:

micro_Amps
      Participant

Thanks for letting us know Aaron, I am sure once the transition is done we can look forward to more reliable times ahead.
      :)uA

betty.k
      Participant

just wanna check, are all the url’s gonna be the same? like links to topics on ausmicro in other forums?:8ball:

trash
      Participant

Oh no, we’ve forgotten to tell the DNS where we’re going !!! 🙂

betty.k
      Participant

ha ha, you flyboys crack me up:angry:
      but seriously, i have no idea about pc’s and the net type stuff:8ball:

Keymaster

Yeah everything will be the same. It’s taking the guys a while to configure the new box for us (I’m making sure I can move the entire site and test it before moving the DNS points and the Databases) so we could be talking days 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

betty.k
      Participant

coupla dayz? dozen madder!:D:8ball:

Keymaster

Actually it’s been a pretty good evening for getting stuff done…

I’ve been working with the guys in Ireland (yes Ireland) and sorting through the config of the server. The good news is that we’ll be able to host our media stuff (moves zips etc) on the main ausmicro.com box once more. All is good like that 😉

They’re working on addressing my list of requests, which quite honestly is pretty long as it covers sites other than ausmicro.com as well. But as one of their longer standing customers (3 years!) they do tend to look after me. That and I have to pay the contract renewal again in April 😉 Damn there goes a few $$$.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.