Western Creek Raceway

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hey guys. The picts for Western Creek Raceway in Sandy Bay are up.

http://www.geocities.com/tastoymuseum/bit11.html

This track rules!!!

I’ve managed to get 8 laps with a 3.0 motor without slowing down. It’s made for 1:24 scale rc cars but I’m setting up a race for Bits.

GT-ahh
      Participant

that track rules….

Admin
      Participant

that is pretty damn cool

t00l
      Participant

is that all cardboard?

Admin
      Participant

it’s all wood and yep, it rules!

Admin
      Participant

it’s made from chipboard then painted and it’s in sections so we can make different tracks. it has a lap counter, starting lights, multi multi car garage and a viewing room. I’ll have more picts next week.

t00l
      Participant

chipboard, why didnt i think, me goto getmyself a drag track 😀

Admin
      Participant

i used masonite for my tracks and it very slidey indeed

t00l
      Participant

you wouldnt want it too slidey would ya?

how much is masonite?

Admin
      Participant

masonite is $7 for about 1.5m by 1m its not to slidey but u can get a drift going

t00l
      Participant

im looking for a good drag material

Admin
      Participant

go 2 http://www.questformadness.com and read the BCG drag guidelines

t00l
      Participant

yeah, thats where i saw my idea.. skipped a bit tho, read through tho so i know…:rolleyes:

DaveF
      Participant

Looks really good. I assume they’ve added to that over a period of time to make it what it is today. Well thought out.

Admin
      Participant

Yeah they have Dave. They used to have it at the Risden Vale Hall and it has taken them a long time to build it.

Barrell and I are trying to set up a Bit race on the track so if anyone from Hobart is interested then let us know.

DaveF
      Participant

Yeah, I’d be keen. Depends on the dte/time though, and cost at the moment.

Admin
      Participant

Cost at the moment would prob be free, but we might need to chip in a few bucks a month each so we can have our own night of racing. Theres a few people i know that want to race, so i think this is going to be a weekly thing, so any hobart people please post so we can get lots of people there = ) Its a sweet track cant wait to start !!

Admin
      Participant

Damn collecting tasmanians, wish i had such a community

Admin
      Participant

hehehehe ; ) us tassies have to stick together !

Admin
      Participant

Yeah, a few bucks sounds good Barrell. And the more people that we get the better so that we can either lower the price or maybe get a clear body kit each made up from A & R Models and a couple of stickers/transfers. We’d have to bring our own coffee/beer/tea as well.

I bought an Edge Runner today for $25 from Target as it was on clearance sale. I’m just charging the batts now (four hours, yawn) but I’ll tell u how it goes.

Admin
      Participant

what motors should we run at Barrell? I use a 3.? and I can get overeight laps off one charge. I can get these motors fairly cheap too.

Admin
      Participant

Hey

Well i dont have a 3.0 altho i could get one, but yeh maybe a 3.0 would be alright casue we wont some top speed. Im ordering some 3.5s tomorrow so i reckon we could race them instead when they arrive! see you soon !

Admin
      Participant

Hey Barrell, do u have a spare 27mhz controller?

I’m thinking about ordering one from JNH for $7 but I would like one for Wednesday night.

Admin
      Participant

No sorry i just sold my old controllers … See you tomorrow night about 7:30, we going to race tomorrow night? Or just muck around on the track ? Ill ask jarratt but hes dad is down from WA so he might not make it

Admin
      Participant

rthat’s ok, I just bought one from KMART then replaced the contoller with the stuffed up one and took it back. HEHEHEHE. KMART have heeps more and they are selling them for $40.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.